• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

interlockingny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MickCollins1916
Natural chromexcel plain toe boots today. I've been wearing the hell out of these things. Super comfortable and I dig the double leather waterloc sole for foul weather. Big fan.

Very nice. Where from?

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Alden Shoes of Carmel has some nice shoes in overstock including the AF75. Black shell cordovan wing tip, Barrie last, commando sole. 9 D, 11 1/2 D, 9 E $505. http://www.alden-of-carmel.com/index.cfm/overstocks.htm
drool.gif

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Most of the overstock and irregulars are size 9 1/2... which could be a very good or bad thing...
decisions.gif

LeatherHead

Reaction score
I was thinking Based upon similar interests that my new friends may share with me here , if we could collab on a boot for LeatherSoul to make for spring 2011. Im looking on the feet of many New Yorkers and mostly I see Indys and a few captoes and some ROY boots , especially after the new Context shipment arrives. It would be cool to rival the Roy with an Alden beater using Natural Horween Chromexcel that would appear more rugged and versatile. Heres the specs below that I came up with ... Im torn tho between the commando sole and the goodyear wedge which would be awesome with the Natural Chromexcel .

Plain Toe Jumper on the Trubalance Last in Natural Chromexcel , Brass Eyelets w/ Speed Hooks, 360 degrees All Around Welt, with Antique Edgetrim and a Commando Sole .

What do you think? Any takers? I havent seen a boot quite that rugged from ALden

LeatherHead

Reaction score
I know im jumping the gun here , but maybe Tom or Bryan from LSH would fancy the small batch production of these "RoughRider" boots : "Alden for Leathersoul Hawaii for StyleForum.com "

colins

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LeatherHead
Im torn tho between the commando sole and the goodyear wedge which would be awesome with the Natural Chromexcel .

Plain Toe Jumper on the Trubalance Last in Natural Chromexcel , Brass Eyelets w/ Speed Hooks, 360 degrees All Around Welt, with Antique Edgetrim and a Commando Sole .

Not exactly what you want, but the Union Made x Alden Workboots are close.

Personally, I think that a natty chromexcel cap toe boot on crepe sole would be a sharp lookin' all-arounder.

braindrain

Reaction score
I've got a question on the fit of Roys vs Indys and need some Alden expert help.

I'm usually a US 11/EU 43 or 44 and I like a slight bit of room in my shoes. I wanted to pick up the Roy in a 10.5D because I figured that would be my ideal size, but I went to an Alden store and fit the 10D Indy perfectly because of the large toe box on the Indy. Does the Indy fit slightly larger than the Roy? I know they're made on the same last, so I'm a little unsure about pulling the trigger on a 10.5D Roy even though the Alden salesmen told me I'm basically between sizes and could go either way. Anyone have experience with both that could chime in?

Thanks a lot!

JonB27

Reaction score
Do you guys follow the same procedure to polish chromexcel leather as you would with shell shoes? If so, what polish should I use on my Ultimate Indy's?

cimabue

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JonB27
Do you guys follow the same procedure to polish chromexcel leather as you would with shell shoes? If so, what polish should I use on my Ultimate Indy's?
I slapped some brown wax on my chromexcel Indies to even them out and make them a little more waterproof -- and to cover that garish white stitching -- and now all I do is buff them with a horse hair brush when they get scuffed. Works great and the finish has an impressive depth and glow.

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LeatherHead

What do you think? Any takers? I havent seen a boot quite that rugged from ALden

it sounds similar to these Viberg boots I've seen on the net

vibergcaptoe.png

which some variation of it may look awesome IMO

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That wedge sole looks like something you're gonna look at in 6 months and wonder wtf you were thinking

LeatherHead

Reaction score
Yea good call colins that's a sharp boot, I wanted the black foss tuggers but those aren't in my size , but these will fit since I size down .5 for trubalance , great ! Still want some nattys, those captor crepe soles would be killer . Let's see if I have a match in my secret archives... YEP :

Is this your boot
bb2bf53d.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads