• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
What's the difference between an Imperial Red and an Imperial Pale?

First Imperial Red I've had, but the color appears to be different and the red seems to have less hops and is a little more mellow. My guess is just the coloring and the flavor profile are the main differences...

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aaron01
First Imperial Red I've had, but the color appears to be different and the red seems to have less hops and is a little more mellow. My guess is just the coloring and the flavor profile are the main differences...
Hell, I'd never even heard of the variety until now. The only red-titled beer I've ever seen up to this point has been Killians Irish Red.

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
'08 Exile Shiraz from the Barossa Valley. I got lucky and got a case for $30 a bottle, but it retails for over $200 a bottle here. Bloody lovely. Drank it with some roast carrots and potatoes, plus some fresh nannygai fillets cooked with butter, lemon juice and parsley I caught down the south coast of NSW yesterday.

Halloween-

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cptjeff
It's tasty. It has a little more sharp a flavor than a sidecar (as you would expect with the gin), but if that doesn't suit you, adjust the ratio for a little more juice and triple sec/cointreau. Say, 1.5:1:1 rather than the 2:1:1 I use for both white ladies and sidecars. You can also use rum with that same setup. When you do that, it's called an XYZ, or for the less creative, a rum sidecar. That's a tasty one too.
I see, thanks. I'll try the gin version later with 2:1:1. I tried the rum version, it's pretty good. I think it'll make a good summer cocktail. Currently having a glass of Chimay Blue. I think I'll have another "Belgian night" tonight :p

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
chimay-1.jpg

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bell's Two Hearted Ale now. Love the citrus tastes.

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sat. night I had a gig at a great dive bar, so kept it simple w/ Miller 24oz cans and Wild Turkey all night.

Sun. I was hurting, so went to my buddy's pub and drank about 5 different types of Big Sky Brewing Co. limited releases and wrapped it up with a Pliny before leaving for a seafood joint and having a couple Ballast Point Brewery Calico amber ales with my fish sandwitch. Pretty good weekend. Still hurting though.

Stratoknaster

Reaction score
Caol Ila distillers edition, 15yo. An excellent beverage.

oDD_LotS

Reaction score
Woodford Reserve hot toddy while watching The Money Pit with my wife. It's nice to see that no matter what happens to our house, it could always be worse!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Staff online

Forum statistics