• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Viccel.com socks

Verrihappy

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Just received my 9 paris of winter weight cotton sock, plus one pair of freebie OTC that Kemal has kindly sent with the shipment. To me the winter weight socks are just right as I am not that much into see through socks.

Kemal is a great guy, great customer service and fast repsonse. Only hope is that they will come up with patterned cotton socks a la Paul Smith/Dore Dore/De Pio et al.

Well, just ordered another 8 pairs from him!

KemalOnyurt

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm
kemal - I think people wanted thicker socks - not thinner!
Here is the heaviest one of Viccel cotton socks, they are 33% than current winter weight cotton socks. They are produced with 30/3 Ne (3 ply yarn) . Sorry to say that they are mid-calf and for regular size ( EU:42-43.5 US: 9½-10 UK 9-9½ ).
thickgray.jpg

Tarlee

Reaction score
Kemal, that ^^^ is a nice colour that I expect will work OK with the black rib. Unfortunately your available size is a tad small for me.

I expect that you're doing a trial run in your most popular size. In that case, nice as it is, I'm surprised -- but pleased -- you've chosen a purple/lilac shade. I think your recent colours -- the sky blue, light pink, pistachio etc -- are gorgeous. But I wonder what are your most popular colours. Would you, out of interest, let us know what you sell most of? I expect it will be the dreaded dark blue or black. Yuck!

BTW, I received my merino socks. It's too warm here to wear these for long but I gave them a try today. Very nice feel. A great winter sock. And the dried rose colour is great.

phailing101

Reaction score
I just received my order and I love the Merino wool winter weight socks. I ordered them in purple and I'm very happy with the quality!

I also ordered some cotton socks in winter weight and I'm wearing the gray today. They are fantastic.

I would recommend ordering from these folks. Socks fit true to size as well (and I'm a size 13USD)

cartisdm

Reaction score
Update:

I got my OTC winter weight socks yesterday and they are exactly the thickness I needed. Thanks!!! I will start ordering a few pair every paycheck until I have enough to get me between washings

KemalOnyurt

Reaction score
Thank you very much for your posts. I and my boss (my dad) get really happy when we read post of our customer about how they like Viccel. Happy feet
happy.gif
, happy people
happy.gif
Here are new cotton colors. We received some requests for those Egyptian Blue and Canary Yellow hope you will like.

Verrihappy

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
These socks are unbeatable and irresistible, just ordered another 3 pairs from Kemal.

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what would you say is the longest lasting dress sock?

also which material holds it's form longer and/or doesn't slip off the foot as easy?
i assume over the calf solves the slipping problem from what i've read?

Verrihappy

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KemalOnyurt
If you have any favorite colors we will be happy to learn those.

I will love dearly the following solid colours
1. Salmon
2. Taupe grey
3. Teal green
4. Pumpkin
5. Amber
6. Ferrarri red

korektphool

Reaction score
Hi, I am from Hong Kong.

I'd like to clarify: I want 5 100% cotton "winter weight" socks; does that mean 9.59 * 5 = USD 47.95 because shipping is free? Please confirm, as I want to place an order soon.

Also, are these socks completely opaque? (Otherwise I'd rather get the merino.)

Verrihappy

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Yes, that will be discounted price for OTC winter weight socks shipped free to Hong Kong or anywhere in the world.

meanpeoplesuck

Reaction score
When will the Merino Wool socks be available in solid colors like grey, green etc.?

KemalOnyurt

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Verrihappy
I will love dearly the following solid colours 1. Salmon 2. Taupe grey 3. Teal green 4. Pumpkin 5. Amber 6. Ferrarri red
thanks for those nice colors we will work on them too.
Originally Posted by meanpeoplesuck
When will the Merino Wool socks be available in solid colors like grey, green etc.?
Till end of the week solid colored merino socks will be ready as OTC and MC.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads