• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by poly800rock
so no pics of the guitar?
164328_501626501906_500756906_6106895_700711_n.jpg
It's a pseudo-Neil Young Old Black but not exactly. Sounds really amazing though, and is incredibly versatile with the P-94 (P-90)/Humbucker combo.

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by origenesprit
164328_501626501906_500756906_6106895_700711_n.jpg

It's a pseudo-Neil Young Old Black but not exactly. Sounds really amazing though, and is incredibly versatile with the P-94 (P-90)/Humbucker combo.

P-90s are my favorite pickups, and that rig looks excellent. What's the blue pedal behind the headstock?

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kgmessier
P-90s are my favorite pickups, and that rig looks excellent. What's the blue pedal behind the headstock?

Thanks. The blue pedal is a Boss CS-2. I rarely ever use it, not enough space on my pedalboard as it is.

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. The blue pedal is a Boss CS-2. I rarely ever use it, not enough space on my pedalboard as it is.
Ah. Those are nice. I have one myself. Great for classic Gilmour fatness. It serves a purpose my other compressors don't.

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah. Those are nice. I have one myself. Great for classic Gilmour fatness. It serves a purpose my other compressors don't.

Yeah my board constantly changes, so I may put it back on.

By the way, also saw an incredible looking '74 Ric 4001 in jetglo at 30th street guitars (looking back looks like you want an azureglo), holy **** that thing was hot. If only I played the bass...

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
By the way, also saw an incredible looking '74 Ric 4001 in jetglo at 30th street guitars (looking back looks like you want an azureglo), holy **** that thing was hot. If only I played the bass...
Yeah, something like that makes me want to play the bass. Honestly, I think every well-rounded guitarist should have a bass in his rig. People say the 4001 looks and sounds awesome, but many have problems with how they feel.

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, something like that makes me want to play the bass. Honestly, I think every well-rounded guitarist should have a bass in his rig. People say the 4001 looks and sounds awesome, but many have problems with how they feel.
You're probably right (and I would like to have a bass just to have one), but I hate playing the bass. Not that I have any skill at it whatever, but in rock music, which is what my band plays and what I prefer to play/listen to, it is very hard to play appropriately for the style and play in a challenging, interesting way at the same time. What I mean is, the bassist in my band gets bored very quickly playing rock basslines, and to make it interesting will start to slap or solo, which annoys the hell out of the rest of us
lol8[1].gif
edit: that's not to discount the incredibly talented rock bassists, John Entwistle, Paul McCartney, Geddy Lee, etc.

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're probably right (and I would like to have a bass just to have one), but I hate playing the bass. Not that I have any skill at it whatever, but in rock music, which is what my band plays and what I prefer to play/listen to, it is very hard to play appropriately for the style and play in a challenging, interesting way at the same time. What I mean is, the bassist in my band gets bored very quickly playing rock basslines, and to make it interesting will start to slap or solo, which annoys the hell out of the rest of us
lol8[1].gif

edit: that's not to discount the incredibly talented rock bassists, John Entwistle, Paul McCartney, Geddy Lee, etc.

Yup. If you're the bassist in a Van Halen tribute, you'll die of boredom, but a Yes tribute on the other hand...

Toiletduck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
looking for something to mess around with... should i get an prs SE?

What kinda of small practice amp should i pair it with?

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Toiletduck
looking for something to mess around with... should i get an prs SE?

What kinda of small practice amp should i pair it with?

Big can o' worms. What kind of music do you want to play? What's your budget? Are you looking for a guitar you can modify easily? Want good resale value? Have you played other guitars in the past that you've liked/disliked?

We'll talk amps after you've answered some of those questions.

- Keith

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PRS...
confused.gif

Toiletduck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Uh oh - does sound like a big can of worms.

i play a lot of random songs - but most of my time its just jamming to myself on a nice clean sound or perhaps with a bit of overdrive. Probably hard to cater for with that kind of information. I'll just head to the music store!

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Look at the Orange CR35LDX They're $240. Yes, solid state, but unless you can open up the volume, a tube amp can be too much for home use.
ibRjH8.jpg

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just get a MIM Strat or Tele.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Just get a MIM Strat or Tele.

translation: made-in-Mexico Fender Stratocaster or Fender Telecaster. But +1

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads