• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

artoftime

Reaction score
IST66;3987288 said:
Some days in Vienna - the most beautiful city of Europe!
vs1.jpg

cg1.jpg

Fantastic style, IST - what a life!

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
The sunglasses feel too contempo/euro for the rest of the outfit. And it's a minor nit, but I guess if have to wear driving gloves, I'd prefer dark gray or black against the rest of this otherwise lugubrious color palette.
I've also always felt the way they cut sleeves for you to be awfully roomy... but that's just a personal preference (are these on the long side as well?)

Thought the same thing myself, about both the glasses and the sleeves (the right sleeve looks ok, left a little baggy). But a few thoughts on that:
-its so hard to capture the elements of fit in still photographs...could be the angle he's standing that makes the sleeves look different to me, and even light/angle/posture that makes them look fuller than they actually are.
-I can't imagine Matt with any sunglasses that don't make him look like LabelKing as he is so small.

I do like the color scheme and the pop of the scarf, square and gloves. Looks nice Matt.

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
There's a time for gentle critique and a time for tough love. The glasses are usually ridiculous but in this case nothing short of hideous.

ndw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
- great cloth & your pants look good, maybe angle of photography?

Thank you. May be the angle, but I am going to experiment with some variation in size of trouser opening to find my golden ratio. I think da vinci was a tailor.

Originally Posted by IST66
vs1.jpg

Beautiful coat! Do you mind if I ask you camera settings?

Originally Posted by mafoofan
Been a long time.

Sportcoat looks wonderful and I don't see the sleeves as too baggy - is it 2 or 3 button? Not enough contrast with the pants, the bright square and gloves look out of place, and the glasses are just too feminine (stick with aviators).

Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
PG really glad your back posting critique. Firstly because its not nasty/snarky, but actually helpful. Secondly because your personal style has some elements of groupthink, but not all of them, so your voice doesn't come across as autocratic. Its a much more versatile critique if that makes sense.

+1

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Spoo, many of your fits--yesterday and today included--look sorta ok from a distance, but once you get up close nothing harmonizes and it looks like the colors and patterns are trying to go off in twelve different directions. I'd go with a solid tie with that coat and shirt, or at most one with a very widely spaced out stripe or small pattern. As it is it's just too busy. None of the elements, which are all great on their own, can stand out because they're trying to shout each other down.
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
- personal style is good enough reason - I actually like this fit, even better when un-buttoned
Well, thanks! Appreciate that.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NotDickDiver
Every party needs a poop, etc... and it is here where you come in.

If your idea of a party is mean-spirited ridicule of other people, I am ******* thrilled you and I don't run in the same social circles.

NotDickDiver

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
If your idea of a party is mean-spirited ridicule of other people, I am ******* thrilled you and I don't run in the same social circles.

Mean-spirited ridicule? Maybe you are reading too much into things. But if it occurs, I do agree with you.

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IST66
Some days in Vienna - the most beautiful city of Europe!
vs1.jpg

Wonderful pics comrade. Particularly like the fabric on this s/c.
fistbump.gif

Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Epiphany pants:

oh Rob ... lol. those pants should only be worn on the 25th of December, or in private on all other days.

Originally Posted by SpooPoker

Coat and pants are a match made in heaven.

Originally Posted by Holdfast
More messing around in casual clothes:

i'm a fan C. and bravo for embracing a desire to wear casual every now and then. versatility hurts no one. the scarf is awesome. who makes it?

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Orgetorix
^Spoo, many of your fits--yesterday and today included--look sorta ok from a distance, but once you get up close nothing harmonizes and it looks like the colors and patterns are trying to go off in twelve different directions. I'd go with a solid tie with that coat and shirt, or at most one with a very widely spaced out stripe or small pattern. As it is it's just too busy. None of the elements, which are all great on their own, can stand out because they're trying to shout each other down.

Dont even bring up yesterdays debacle
lol8[1].gif
I appreciate the input - however I dont think today is as bad as you make it sound - The scale of patterns is all different, and nothing (to me) seems to be fighting eachother - The tie, a woven Charvet, really isnt "patterned" although it has 2 colors in it... anyone else feel the same, or Im just missing it?
confused.gif

Originally Posted by Holdfast

More messing around in casual clothes:

That jacket is great, C.

Originally Posted by niidawg3
Coat and pants are a match made in heaven.

Thanks Nii - nice brog too btw.. .congrats! Im also pretty glad to see Charlie go from your avatar too
smile.gif

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
It's Porter & Harding Thornproof donegal, from a few years ago.

Lovely cloth.

Originally Posted by Baron
I've always admired your style, but this particular look, with those fingerless gloves and the glasses and scarf, amounts to a "half-labelking." Combined with your usual old man style it makes an odd hybrid. I think it's mostly a matter of contrast balance. The overly sober color contrast of the main clothing items is unbalanced by the strong contrast with the accessories.

It's actually starting to grow on me the more I look at it. It would be better with tan/chestnut shoes.

I concur with Baron. Brown shoes would be an improvement. Overall, I like the more youthful elements on you.

@IST: That sport coat everyone's been quoting is every bit as good as they say it is. Is it an Etro piece?

@NYR: Those trousers! More power to you.

@Orgetorix: I also liked the jeans and tweed combo. The coat would be too small for business wear, but it works with jeans.

@Spoo. The green cords are perfect for the jacket. The scales of the shirt pattern and the coat pattern don't work together. You really need a solid tie to calm things down.

@yfyf. I follow your posts for fresh ideas about color. Your recent posts have given me lots of ideas. Thanks!

EBugatti

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
happy friday ladies... mind your tipple well.

2YiS.png

I am not the law, but I represent justice so far as my feeble powers go.

Who made that camel sport coat CG? It's one of my favorites of yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads