• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ndw
Thx, man. Appreciate your comments. My photography is crap, but it aint the photo that is making the shoes look off. I tend to agree that they don't work with the outfit. I know going sans PS makes some people on SFs head explode, but I don't wear them day to day and tend to reserve them for events/occasions.

Thanks MOK. Duly noted on the shoes. I really like your SC today. WOuld have been even better as a suit!

TTo and Spoo- Both security guard getups are really nice, but Spoo I still think you'd benefit from a cuff. TTO love the tie.

Twostep I like the DB, but I always feel like your sleeves are too short on your fits. Vintage(? ) Tudor is really nice too. Might have to start busting out my watches.

No security guard for me today... Just another plain fit. Just noticed my right cuff is all wonky.

Love the shoes in the background!

Blamm

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PandArts
lurker[1].gif

and buffy the vampire slayer fan... do you have a tribute outfit for buffy?

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is there a particular reason to ridicule people who post fit picts in this thread? If you don't like what they are wearing but having nothing constructive to say to them, don't fuckin' post.

chasingred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by burnbulb
havent posted in a while seen some wonderfull looks of late hes some of my recent looks i'm really loving bow ties a lot lately maybe because i'm a huge doctor who fan.
DSCN4845-1.jpg

DSCN4843-1.jpg

DSCN4841.jpg

DSCN4840.jpg

DSCN4672.jpg

DSCN4670.jpg

If I may suggest - you might want to take a step back from accessories and stick to something more basic and restrained for now. Introduce the accessories very slowly. The first photo, for example, just has too much going on, and the number of accessories makes what you're wearing look gimmicky and costumey. I already think a single tie clip can look gimmicky, but adding on to it with the collar pin and pocket square is a bit much. Even on top of that, you have a contrast club collar and vest (without a jacket). It just looks like you tried to flare out with every single thing you could buy, but did it in this mashed up incoherent way. Stick with the very basics for a while - an OCBD and simple trous. If you need to wear a tie, then do so. You can slowly build from there once you have those done well (more basics, less strange details like thin lapels and contrast stitching, more focus on fit).

Also, if you must wear a tie, pick one with more contrast, but complements your shirt. For example, if you're wearing a blue shirt, pick a tie that's maybe brown, but has some small blue detail in it. Again, stick with a very, very basic tie and restrain yourself from picking some crazy pattern. Maybe even a basic repp striped tie would be good here.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chasingred
If I may suggest - you might want to take a step back from accessories and stick to something more basic and restrained for now. Introduce the accessories very slowly. The first photo, for example, just has too much going on, and the number of accessories makes what you're wearing look gimmicky and costumey. I already think a single tie clip can look gimmicky, but adding on to it with the collar pin and pocket square is a bit much. Even on top of that, you have a contrast club collar and vest (without a jacket). It just looks like you tried to flare out with every single thing you could buy, but did it in this mashed up incoherent way. Stick with the very basics for a while - an OCBD and simple trous. If you need to wear a tie, then do so. You can slowly build from there once you have those done well (more basics, less strange details like thin lapels and contrast stitching, more focus on fit).

Also, if you must wear a tie, pick one with more contrast, but complements your shirt. For example, if you're wearing a blue shirt, pick a tie that's maybe brown, but has some small blue detail in it. Again, stick with a very, very basic tie and restrain yourself from picking some crazy pattern. Maybe even a basic repp striped tie would be good here.

fistbump.gif

Kaip911

Reaction score
Hey, I am new here Here's what I wore to work today, I will try to post more if this is somewhat good.
IMG1711O1.jpg
IMG1711O2.jpg
IMG1711O3.jpg

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
The one glove has zero fingers?

Tell me about the coat cloth.

It's Porter & Harding Thornproof donegal, from a few years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads