• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
^don't let tonio see that

cdw vest arrived, going full english country gent/moutain man steez during the day on foolz

Originally Posted by ahjota
Not his size. lol

ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

Damn time difference. I believe I would had to have been up at 8am EST the morning after New Year's Day when I was still in recovery mode to get up to be first in line for the brown small on Tres (the last small I knew about anywhere). I logged on to buy the small around 11am or noon and it was already gone.

What's even worse is that Yoox had the shawl collar hand knit that jet owns (aka the Beckam cardigan) MMM last year and I had in my dream box, but since I was saving money for a wedding couldn't buy it, forgot I had it in my dreambox until end of season sales when I was ready to buy again and saw the big "sold out" tag on it. A few days ago, I saw a picture of the navy hand knit from this season pop up again on the MMM webstore, got excited, clicked on it and turns out it was the grey version in a size large. These MMM hand knits have been haunting and taunting me!

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
I've been searching for an ivory/ecru rollneck for a while, and didn't want a plain and potentially itchy one (Cabourn, North Sea Clothing, etc.).

I'd been staring at this Inis Meáin cable knit merino/cashmere version for a while, and finally caved. I'm tired of trying to save a few bucks by getting something that isn't exactly what I wanted. That said, I am so done with buying clothes (as long as the three knits I recently bought actually fit me). Nothing else I want, save for some occasional socks and a random OCBD.

inisr.jpg

Great pickup, Z. That looks great. Is that wool/cashmere blend? I had the gray fairisle one on Nitty Gritty eyed up, but I have my eye on another prize or I'd be all over it right now. I have a hand knit turtle neck in white with some nice cable patterns that the Mrs.' mom made for me (posted in WAYWT a month or so back) and love it. It isn't from the Irish island of Inis, but hey she's from Ireland so in a roundabout way it's still authentic right? Haha.

herzzreh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
yeah, finally convinced wife after 3 yrs. kids didn't want to go to school today

Is this a Golden? Get a good vacuum, stock up on lint brushes, keep the little guy (gal) entertained or else, hide anything chewable (even when it grows up). Make contingency plans to collect enough fur for ten sweaters twice a year (usually when there is a 15-20 degree drop/rise in temperature).

Otherwise, they're sweet as ****.

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
honestly imo if you get those mmms you might as well be getting stan smiths, which isnt necessarily a bad thing but i wouldnt pay 200++ for it

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, guys. Will do ahjota.

Originally Posted by tonio028
Great pickup, Z. That looks great. Is that wool/cashmere blend? I had the gray fairisle one on Nitty Gritty eyed up, but I have my eye on another prize or I'd be all over it right now. I have a hand knit turtle neck in white with some nice cable patterns that the Mrs.' mom made for me (posted in WAYWT a month or so back) and love it. It isn't from the Irish island of Inis, but hey she's from Ireland so in a roundabout way it's still authentic right? Haha.
Yeah, close enough
smile.gif
It's merino/cashmere, so pretty much guaranteed to be soft and not itchy. One of those things to keep forever. Mywardrobe has the crewneck version in M at a good sale price, but I really wanted the rollneck. I had been waiting for NG to put this one on sale along with the fair isles, but no dice.

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since New Year's I've bought: - BBBF 16-ply cashmere sweater-jacket ( at a great price - Arrived today it's F*ing ridiculous!) - Mackage cashmere-blend zip jacket - Oki-Ni's last Margiela triple buckle side-zip chunky high-tops - Burberry check suit - 5 out-of-print short story collections by R.A. Lafferty (abebooks.com)

herzzreh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Fellow Linguist
Aww, you guys.
frown.gif
Different taste, I guess.

There's a Russian saying along the lines of "can't argue with one's taste", but yes, that does look like some Walmart material.

mellowfellow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
^don't let tonio see that

cdw vest arrived, going full english country gent/moutain man steez during the day on foolz

so i was watching "An American werewolf in london", their jackets/vests made think of cdw.

5248_00051-thumb-497xauto-2024.jpg

5248_00129-thumb-497xauto-2026.jpg

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
I have these in the paper application. Not really my style, I found (I really do prefer the shape of the CPs), but mine were super soft and comfortable off the bat.

Yours were not the same besides the matte/embossed thing. Different sole, the leather is rubberized, etc. I do like yours a lot though, should've gotten those.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^dang you serious? i love that shirt

haha thanks mellow they're addicting bro so far i have the down sweater and vest, going to order the down shirt soon too

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads