• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Top Chef All Stars

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MarquisMagic
Fabio's "I'm Italian, why do you expect me to cook something other than gnocchi" is getting a bit tiresome. He's competing for Top Chef, not Top Italian Chef. And it's pretty disingenuous. He's a very adept and versatile cook...as can be seen from his previous season and how well he has fared at times on TCAS. All indications are that despite points for the risk she took, Casey's dish was "inedible." I guess looking good just isn't a substitute for cooking good. As for the quickfire, Colicchio's role was to set the pace and demonstrate the challenge. The chefs were NOT competing against him or his dish -- just the 8:37 on the clock. I think it served another purpose as well. It reminded everyone -- contestants and viewers alike that Colicchio is the real deal and a truly qualified judge for these challenges. (BTW, reports are the he broke a bottle of olive oil while doing the challenge, coating some of the utensils and creating a pretty funny scene during the taping. Interesting that it didn't make it onto the broadcast).
It's TOP CHEF, not Top Gnochi! RE: Casey, yes it is. I'll cook for her.... she can pay me back in "other ways"
devil.gif
devil.gif

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Casey may have been looking for a way out. She picked a very difficult dish and did exactly what Spike did the week before to get eliminated -- let another chef take ownership of the dish. That said, Jamie should have been sent home for two bad dishes in the EC and a bad dish in the QF. The only rational explanation for why she wasn't is that the judges didn't think either Casey or Jamie was going to win it all and the producers wanted to keep Jamie around for drama.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenHero
+Top Scallop

Ya I lol'd at that. Also the turtle and his comment at the Judge's Table about being sent home.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spike said Casey wanted out for a while.

Nooooooo!

MarquisMagic

Reaction score
Spike said Casey wanted out for a while.

Originally Posted by sonick
Nooooooo!

Spike:

The only thing on Top Chef sometimes that's funny, and people that show they don't have the will to stay in the competition, they kind of send themselves home. Casey came up to me right after the competition and said, "˜Listen, if you don't want to go home, I will, because I'm done with this competition.' ... I know Casey wants to go home and she was really contemplating in her head telling the judges to send her home instead of me. Although I wish she would have, she didn't pull the trigger and I wasn't going to twist her arm.

A week later she got her wish!

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spike:

The only thing on Top Chef sometimes that’s funny, and people that show they don’t have the will to stay in the competition, they kind of send themselves home. Casey came up to me right after the competition and said, ‘Listen, if you don’t want to go home, I will, because I’m done with this competition.’ ... I know Casey wants to go home and she was really contemplating in her head telling the judges to send her home instead of me. Although I wish she would have, she didn’t pull the trigger and I wasn’t going to twist her arm.

A week later she got her wish!

The only problem now is we're stuck with Jamie, I'd much rather have Spike around. Better yet Casey
inlove.gif
(even if she is kinda blonde and wanted out).

Casey saying she wasn't really "gunning for the win" in All Stars exit interview: http://www.bravotv.com/top-chef/seas...ng-for-the-win

Looking less blonde in the interview (love it), but still no less busty!

pseudonym

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If she wanted out so early, why the hell did she agree to get back on the show?

Oh wait.. to show the fans (more specifically, SFers) her awesome assets, duh.

MarquisMagic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pseudonym
If she wanted out so early, why the hell did she agree to get back on the show?.

Casey yesterday: Spike was referring to my attitude"”if I do get sent home, I won't be upset. Going into this [competition], from the get go, our mindset was different for each one of us. We all have restaurants and/or successful businesses. We already knew each other, so people were a lot nicer to each other. I think us already being friends, already knowing the game, and how to play it, made it a tough show even for Bravo to pull off. You also found yourself more relaxed. You're playing a lot of mind games with yourself.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whiteslashasian
Are you blind? Casey's put Gail's boobs to shame many times over.
Indeed.
casey.jpg

sygyzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Casey is hot as hell and cute at the same time. I am a bit turned off by how she wears this intense red lipstick this season in a lot of the shots, as opposed to wearing little make up when she was on previously. Could Jamie suck any more? The number of people hating her grows each week.

On a side note I love how when Blais is talking to her about her, he does it in a dick non-chalant way. Like "She can't cook. And this is a cooking competition. *shrug*. I'm just saying"

pseudonym

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Casey yesterday: Spike was referring to my attitude"”if I do get sent home, I won't be upset. Going into this [competition], from the get go, our mindset was different for each one of us. We all have restaurants and/or successful businesses. We already knew each other, so people were a lot nicer to each other. I think us already being friends, already knowing the game, and how to play it, made it a tough show even for Bravo to pull off. You also found yourself more relaxed. You're playing a lot of mind games with yourself.

Thanks for the clear-up.

Originally Posted by sygyzy
On a side note I love how when Blais is talking to her about her, he does it in a dick non-chalant way. Like "She can't cook. And this is a cooking competition. *shrug*. I'm just saying"

Blais does this **** all the time. I've grown used to it, but I don't think he could handle somebody else getting on his case (or lack of, since he's pretty good this season overall).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads