• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Prorsum used to be good but I've always found the company incredibly dubious. Their knitwear is junk (i have a silk cardigan that is the best thing they've ever put out) and the purple velvet blazer from 08 that is really good) and nothing has a nice hand. Besides a few other things I suspect most of the stuff is made in china, one sz poster last year mentioned how his coat had two tags and apparently they forgot to remove the mic tag before it got shipped to the retailer.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Prorsum used to be good but I've always found the company incredibly dubious. Their knitwear is junk (i have a silk cardigan that is the best thing they've ever put out) and the purple velvet blazer from 08 that is really good) and nothing has a nice hand. Besides a few other things I suspect most of the stuff is made in china, one sz poster last year mentioned how his coat had two tags and apparently they forgot to remove the mic tag before it got shipped to the retailer.

I'm going to agree with Jet here, against the forum majority. I really liked early Prorsum under Menichetti, but I've not found that much to like under Christopher Bailey. Menichetti really had, imo, a much greater respect for fabrics, while Christopher Bailey seems to me to be a very talented stylist with a Punk obsession. While there is nothing wrong about this, itreally leaves me cold. The Made in China thing, I don't really care about. I mean, anything that says "made In T

FWIW, the knitwear from very early seasons (2001 or so) was terrific. I have a mustard apres ski mock neck sweater from then from a polycore wool yarn that is incredibly soft and bulky, and a summer cropped pea from the first season that is could easily be from 2011. There were some very good ideas in those early collections, right after Rose Marie Bravo took over the company.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
woke up this morning, surfed internet mindlessly, ended up with:

-white MMM german armys in the white wholecut embossed pattern from last season
-W+H tiger fleece hoody (say hi to 2006)
-Prorsum trench coat

I have these in the paper application. Not really my style, I found (I really do prefer the shape of the CPs), but mine were super soft and comfortable off the bat.

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Prorsum puts out a lot of junk but you can find a lot of good knits and wool coats. I have a prorsum military coat from a couple years ago and its probably my favorite winter coat. I'm also a fan of their shirts and will pick them up on deep sale
smile.gif
One thing that is lacking about them is generally they skimp on the little details. Their buttons/dongles are incredibly cheap and tacky sometimes.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
if they suck why did you buy them

Because I have a small collection of MMM German Army Trainers (0)

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^don't let tonio see that

cdw vest arrived, going full english country gent/moutain man steez during the day on foolz

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been searching for an ivory/ecru rollneck for a while, and didn't want a plain and potentially itchy one (Cabourn, North Sea Clothing, etc.). I'd been staring at this Inis Meáin cable knit merino/cashmere version for a while, and finally caved. I'm tired of trying to save a few bucks by getting something that isn't exactly what I wanted. That said, I am so done with buying clothes (as long as the three knits I recently bought actually fit me). Nothing else I want, save for some occasional socks and a random OCBD.
inisr.jpg

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Let me know how that works out for you, Z. I've been looking for one too. I know Billy Reid had one that fit all the requirements a few years ago, but I have never been able to find it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads