• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin

i knew there was a reason why i put the tartan pants on and took them off ... lol. that would have been funny.

Originally Posted by ndw
From a dinner last night. Coat is completely unlined, no canvas or nothing.

Nice fabric on the S/C

Originally Posted by Cary Grant
happy friday ladies... mind your tipple well.

happy Friday to you too C ... have a great weekend!

Originally Posted by binge
Froggy Friday Felicity.

nice pants A ... yay for the smile!

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mossrockss
Awesome. No hate here. Only, your trousers are half an inch or so too short. But even despite your notch-lapel DB with gold buttons, I'm in. You sold it to me.

That is all I could get out of the pants, they could be let down no more. But, with the TB aesthetic today, highwaters work.
lol8[1].gif

Oh, and thanks!

ndw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tjc4golf
Realize that unlined, unconstructed, unpadded jackets get a lot of hype on SF but the look doesn't work for everyone. I think that you would benefit from jackets with more structure.

Appreciate the critique. This wasnt purchased becuase of SF "hype," though. I liked the fabric, its a comfortable fit, and it is my only unlined, unconstructed, and unpadded jacket so I am fine with it cause im not wearing it everyday. I have mentioned before that I realize the look is a little slouchy, but it "feels" comfortable to me.

Duco

Reaction score
I really like the combination you made, it looks great but I think that you would benefit of slimmer pants. Your SC is quite supressed and the paints are fuller cut, slimming down the pants would make the look even better, in my opinion.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is all I could get out of the pants, they could be let down no more. But, with the TB aesthetic today, highwaters work.
lol8[1].gif

Oh, and thanks!

It took a few seconds to figure out you didn't mean tuberculosis but instead thom browne... ha! I almost mentioned him with regard to those lapels. you look great.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mossrockss
It took a few seconds to figure out you didn't mean tuberculosis but instead thom browne...

ha! I almost mentioned him with regard to those lapels. you look great.

Yeah, the Blazer is Brooks Brothers Black Fleece, so it is actually Thom Browne.

Thanks again!

Mike

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
i knew there was a reason why i put the tartan pants on and took them off ... lol. that would have been funny.

Dude, that would have been serendipity! Fit Battle material.
lol8[1].gif

Originally Posted by Orgetorix
Pssst, Mike...somebody cut the lapels off your jacket.

LOL.

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Duco
I really like the combination you made, it looks great but I think that you would benefit of slimmer pants. Your SC is quite supressed and the paints are fuller cut, slimming down the pants would make the look even better, in my opinion.

Thanks, I think appearance of the suppression is exaggerated by putting my hand in my pocket. But you would not be alone in your calling for slimmer pants.

5139343885_e393d649e1_z.jpg

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TC (Houston)
Thanks, I think appearance of the suppression is exaggerated by putting my hand in my pocket. But you would not be alone in your calling for slimmer pants.

5139343885_e393d649e1_z.jpg

I think your pants are slim enough, TC. Where people most likely would like to see them slimmer is in the taper. This, however, is purely a matter of personal taste.

Mike

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well, it is Friday. Been a while since I appeared on FNB, perhaps I will make the cut today.
lol8[1].gif

I suspect your wish may be granted Mike..
uhoh.gif

Originally Posted by SpooPoker
I am in full agreeance my **** is so far from on point today it's not even funny.
laugh.gif

Yeah, sorry Spoo, coming from a guy like myself that is not afraid of bold trousers, those are just awful.

Originally Posted by che
blog1_7-1-2010.png

This a friend of mine, I had to post it.

Looks like a guy in a sweater and a pair of jeans. Nothing remarkable here at all. Shoes are a nice color, but that's about the only thing worth commenting on.

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think your pants are slim enough, TC. Where people most likely would like to see them slimmer is in the taper. This, however, is purely a matter of personal taste.

Mike

Thanks, man. The taper (and narrow leg openings for that matter) is something I regard as a bit of a fad and something I haven't bought into, even though I think they would make for more SF-approved photos. I think I get too much of the drumstick effect with a lot of taper, and I find the straighter leg to be a little more classic to my eye. I do like the tapered look on a lot of people around here, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Staff online

Forum statistics