• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Today: Chanel Pour Monsieur.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For those of you who wear watches, do you ever apply your cologne to your wrists?

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
RancÃ
00a9.png
Eau Empire
tonight.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Clive Christian C for Men today. This stuff is amazing. The top is very spicy--I think it's the saffron and clove that jump out. As it dries down, the tobacco becomes more prominent, along with a bit of vanilla. I'm a big fan of this one, but the price is prohibitive, unfortunately.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rioni
Heeley Sel Marin today from sample
What did you think? The only one from the line that I've really liked so far has been Vervine but I have yet to try them all.
Originally Posted by rioni
Tonight it's the new Midnight in Paris from Van Cleef & Arpels. I tried the EDT on in Neimans a few weeks ago and knew I had to have it. I ended up purchasing the EDP which really blew me away. It's like a more sophisticated Bulgari Black w/o the fatiguing opening notes.
Interesting. Where did you snag the EdP? I might have to go give this a try myself.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GreenFrog
For those of you who wear watches, do you ever apply your cologne to your wrists?

sure. my watch has a metal band, though, so it hasn't absorbed any scent that I can discern.

Today, finally wearing a recent acquisition: Cuir de Lancome. At first I was worried that it was to femme, or something like my mother would wear. After a couple of test applications I found that it's a lot more simple and direct than I feared, and therefore safe to wear. At this point, I'm quite happy with this. I'm getting apricot/vanilla/ylang/suede, but at some point the ylang fades.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
sure. my watch has a metal band, though, so it hasn't absorbed any scent that I can discern.

Today, finally wearing a recent acquisition: Cuir de Lancome. At first I was worried that it was to femme, or something like my mother would wear. After a couple of test applications I found that it's a lot more simple and direct than I feared, and therefore safe to wear. At this point, I'm quite happy with this. I'm getting apricot/vanilla/ylang/suede, but at some point the ylang fades.

I wear a watch with a leather band, so I'm worried about it absorbing the different colognes I have. I really do like applying it to my wrists, though. So far I only spray on my neck.

CologneReview

Reaction score
I wear a watch with a leather band, so I'm worried about it absorbing the different colognes I have. I really do like applying it to my wrists, though. So far I only spray on my neck.

You could always spray in your inner elbow instead. The leather band probably would absorb the different fragrances over time. The alcohol may even break down the leather slowly?

My SOTD is Dolce and Gabbana Pour Homme. Another nice citrus fragrance like yesterday, but this one has more spice to the base instead of woods.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I usually spray farther up my forearm, towards the elbow, on the inside (without the hair). I find that if I spray on my wrists I sometimes end up inadvertently washing it off.

TintoTerra

Reaction score
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent
Clive Christian C for Men today. This stuff is amazing. The top is very spicy--I think it's the saffron and clove that jump out. As it dries down, the tobacco becomes more prominent, along with a bit of vanilla. I'm a big fan of this one, but the price is prohibitive, unfortunately.

It's wonderful isn't it? I was amazed at the staying power. It seems to fade on my skin after awhile only to re-appear the next day or the day after that.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Today, reached into the closet, into the deep dark recesses behind the daily wears and into the forest of dress shirts to pull out the obscure and seldom-worn: Habit Rouge Legere.

It's okay, but doesn't inspire me to wear it again and again. Luca Turin loved this but I'm not with him on this one. That fizzy twizzler note just isn't making me leap for joy, ya know.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^^^^
I like that one as a summer scent that will last all day, but there are others in that category that I prefer. Like MB, it improves substantially after that oddball synthetic beginning.

TintoTerra

Reaction score
Oud 27 today. I initially found this to be too strange and overpowering, but it's become a comfort scent for me. I really like everything I've tried from Le Labo. I'm anxious to sample the vetiver and gaiac perfumes they make.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads