• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
sorry to hear that thomas - i am constantly afraid our little dogs are going to suffer some kind of leg injury. they jump on and off of couches, beds, chairs, laps, etc. with no seeming regard for their health or safety. Also hope the son is straightening out a little for you.

(...)

Thanks Douglas - the vet strongly advocates surgery which I agree with...but this dog is easily 13+ years old which kinda makes us wonder how much left he has in the tank. This is the dog who - in his youth - once jumped onto the sofa, then up onto the pool table, and then launched off the pool table, sliding along the tiles to the front door where he started barking at the in-laws. I'm going to miss the little ottoman. BTW: keep them lean and active if at all possible.

As for the son, it isn't getting better, and I'm not sure it will anytime soon. I think that we'll be taking him back to at least one of his former facilities and probably before February. That is, if we don't just cut him loose outright, which was once unthinkable but is now an option.
frown.gif

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
As for the son, it isn't getting better, and I'm not sure it will anytime soon. I think that we'll be taking him back to at least one of his former facilities and probably before February. That is, if we don't just cut him loose outright, which was once unthinkable but is now an option.
frown.gif

That's heavy stuff. Hopefully you can hold out until things improve.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looooong day. Hope tomorrow is better.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy

+1 Damn, sorry to hear this.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
frown.gif

Goddamn dude. I can't even imagine what this is like. So sorry.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy

Originally Posted by Bhowie
+1 Damn, sorry to hear this.

Originally Posted by edinatlanta
Goddamn dude. I can't even imagine what this is like. So sorry.

thanks, guys. At times it's a whole new level of frustration for us.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Very sorry to hear this, T-bone.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

frown.gif

wow, T- that bad huh? I pray things eventually work out for everyone, including your son. good luck!!!

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidboy
wow, T- that bad huh? I pray things eventually work out for everyone, including your son. good luck!!!

+1. And if you need an ear, T-man...drop me a line anytime.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Getting laid off and dumped in a short time span equals copious amounts of alcohol for teh Wilkster.

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Getting laid off and dumped in a short time span equals copious amounts of alcohol for teh Wilkster.

Laid off? Huh?

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
T - good luck with the little one. I hope everything smooths out sooner rather than later.

Seems that I caught the flu - had a 102 temp all of Tuesday and haven't gotten out of bed much the past 2 days. Feels like I've got an elephant sitting on me.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
frown.gif

I'm sorry.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by kwilkinson

Drive to NYC and meet up with a few of the SF members. :No Conne:

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
Drive to NYC and meet up with a few of the SF members. :No Conne:

I would but I'm broke as a joke.
I'll be there in April for a three day weekend. Do you live there now?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads