• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CHECKstar
I was just at Donny this morning and had 1.5 hours to kill while waiting for a poster sized photo to be printed.

Popped into the RL store there and scooped up a pair of white linen pants for $129 reduced from $249. The only downside that I noticed is that I now have to pick up a pair of white jocks to wear with it! Either that or go commando!

Interestingly enough, the pair that I picked up were size 32, however all the other sizes (eg 34 and 36) were priced at $169. Well I wasn't going to ask the sales assistant what's the go with the pricing anomaly, but has anybody else seen this sort of thing before?

Most sales and outlets will not have size 34 to 36 - they are the most common and will sell out. The outliers are outside that range.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was just at Donny this morning and had 1.5 hours to kill while waiting for a poster sized photo to be printed. Popped into the RL store there and scooped up a pair of white linen pants for $129 reduced from $249. The only downside that I noticed is that I now have to pick up a pair of white jocks to wear with it! Either that or go commando! Interestingly enough, the pair that I picked up were size 32, however all the other sizes (eg 34 and 36) were priced at $169. Well I wasn't going to ask the sales assistant what's the go with the pricing anomaly, but has anybody else seen this sort of thing before?
- yep, picked them up in navy & ecru. The matching navy jacket was too long for me though. Even better these are the Made in Italy stuff from Corneliani - also the "Preston" chino is good value. Not as slim as SF approved wear, but not as full as usual RL chino. Got them in sage & now contemplating them in navy, red & khaki as they are so comfortable.

CHECKstar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
- yep, picked them up in navy & ecru. The matching navy jacket was too long for me though. Even better these are the Made in Italy stuff from Corneliani
- also the "Preston" chino is good value. Not as slim as SF approved wear, but not as full as usual RL chino. Got them in sage & now contemplating them in navy, red & khaki as they are so comfortable.

I picked up a linen PRL suit from the B&S section a few months ago now, which is Italian made and I assume from Corenliani. The funny thing is that its a 40R, so the pants should be a 34, but they are tighter around the waist and slimmer in the legs then the size 32 linen pants I picked up today.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was just at Donny this morning and had 1.5 hours to kill while waiting for a poster sized photo to be printed.

Popped into the RL store there and scooped up a pair of white linen pants for $129 reduced from $249. The only downside that I noticed is that I now have to pick up a pair of white jocks to wear with it! Either that or go commando!

How much were the matching linen jackets? Do you remember?

Doncaster is a bloody awful place to shop and park but eating in the food court overlooking the Melbourne Skyline, especially at sunset, is one of my best sekret places for cheap thrills to take visitors or just visit myself.

CHECKstar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fxh
How much were the matching linen jackets? Do you remember?

Doncaster is a bloody awful place to shop and park but eating in the food court overlooking the Melbourne Skyline, especially at sunset, is one of my best sekret places for cheap thrills to take visitors or just visit myself.

Agreed. Worst parking of any shopping centre but a most pleasant food court! The other thing I noticed is that they have a 'water' based dry cleaners also' which I might also try out sometime.

To be honest I didn't see any matching jackets for the white pants that I bought. However I did try on (for size) a navy linen blazer that was tagged either $499 or $599.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agreed. Worst parking of any shopping centre but a most pleasant food court! The other thing I noticed is that they have a 'water' based dry cleaners also' which I might also try out sometime.

To be honest I didn't see any matching jackets for the white pants that I bought. However I did try on (for size) a navy linen blazer that was tagged either $499 or $599.

Thansks - I meant blue anyway.

Did you really think *I'd* be wearing white see through linen strides with my bare ankles and sockless shoes?

CHECKstar

Reaction score
I don't know, with an avatar like that and all...
laugh.gif

streetminimal

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get nice button-down collar shirts in Melbourne?

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by streetminimal
Does anyone know where I can get nice button-down collar shirts in Melbourne?

Nope.
I got most of mine from Lands End USA.

They have special deals every now an then but even without that they are cheap and they land on your doorstep.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got my first parcel of Viccel "new" thicker merino wool socks.

I like 'em - I always felt the originals were a bit thin - but they do wear well.

Good friendly service too. GST would add about $1 and a bit a sock.

Gerry Harvey you big sook.

http://www.viccel.us/

edit:: Ha and its Australian Merino wool - all the way from Turkey - I'm supporting Australian farmers jobs more than Gerry Harvey with his Chinese built whitegoods.

CHECKstar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fxh
Its a real photo of my favourite TV star and conman Benny Hinn

Hahaha, and all this time I thought it was Barry Mananilow!

JohnsNotHere

Reaction score
Hey fxh... how long did they take to reach your door? I ordered some socks from Viccel back in November and still no show.

Originally Posted by fxh
Just got my first parcel of Viccel "new" thicker merino wool socks.

I like 'em - I always felt the originals were a bit thin - but they do wear well.

Good friendly service too. GST would add about $1 and a bit a sock.

Gerry Harvey you big sook.

http://www.viccel.us/

edit:: Ha and its Australian Merino wool - all the way from Turkey - I'm supporting Australian farmers jobs more than Gerry Harvey with his Chinese built whitegoods.

Tano

Reaction score
Ive ordered 3 times, all 3 times they arrived within 10 working days (no tracking though)

My Last Order was Dec 3, i got them one week before christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads