• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cimabue

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PorterInjax
Yup...same here, I'm sure you saw my posting of the boots I got from Epaulet. Initially, I was reluctant because of the way they photographed but they are awesome!
cheers.gif
Time to slow it way down. Springtime might try to get a pair of snuff suede SWBs if Leather Soul does them again, the ones with the brass eyelets and low profile sole? Beautiful!

Dexter_

Reaction score
Originally Posted by srivats
Those are wonderful!

Thanks!

Originally Posted by johnnyrich7
What last are those on? Looks like the grant, maybe barrie?

Yup, Grant last. I'm in the minority here but I believe that the comfort/fit on this particular boot feels the best as compared to my other boots (TruBalance, Barrie, etc).

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blue collar
^^^^^Damn those or beautiful saddles. Wish I was a frequent shopper (i'm workin on it) at LS to get the inside scoop regarding all the new make-ups that are available before the rest of the public knows about them. Being an 11.5 I miss the boat on some beautiful shoes a lot of the time
ffffuuuu.gif
. I check that page everyday now ha ha.

Nice work Tom and the rest of the crew at Leather Soul.

thank you

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MiniW
^ those are awesome, totally unnecessary for me but I would buy them in a heartbeat if I saw them

thank you

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dexter_
Wearing Ravello today as well
smile.gif

DSC_0046-1.jpg

Ravello Cap Toe Boot

good looking shoe. enjoy wearing

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
2gybprs.jpg

cigar lwb

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PorterInjax
Mac, those wingtips look fantastic

i apologize for my typo- it should be lwb

Man with Apple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dexter_
Yup, Grant last. I'm in the minority here but I believe that the comfort/fit on this particular boot feels the best as compared to my other boots (TruBalance, Barrie, etc).

I am with you then in that minority. I love my grant last cap toes from Unionmade. From the look of a lot of the pics I see here a lot of guys seem to have wider feet, which isn't best with the grant last.

juuceman

Reaction score
Alden on Madison Avenue in Manhattan has Indy boots in stock in Number 8, Cigar, and Whiskey, in various sizes.

bananananana

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnnyrich7
I am with you then in that minority. I love my grant last cap toes from Unionmade. From the look of a lot of the pics I see here a lot of guys seem to have wider feet, which isn't best with the grant last.

I know it's been asked to death, but how did you size the grant last boots? I have fairly narrow feet but still a D width in most shoes.

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by juuceman
Alden on Madison Avenue in Manhattan has Indy boots in stock in Number 8, Cigar, and Whiskey, in various sizes.

Just ordered another pair of Alden's today from Tom. A pair that I will be very happy with I'm sure but if I had not done so, think I would have been on the phone getting a pair of these...which color? dunno', can only speculate since I'm not going to call them...can narrow it down to two though, already have them in cigar.

Man with Apple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bananananana
I know it's been asked to death, but how did you size the grant last boots? I have fairly narrow feet but still a D width in most shoes.

I have brown cxl Indy boots on the trublnce last in 8.5D, cigar shell indy boots on the trubalance last in 8E, which pretty much fit the same as 8.5D, and my color 8 shell cap toes on the grant last in 8.5D. I didn't change my sizing from my other boots and they fit great.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bananananana

Common wisdom seems to be TTS however I recently got some longwings on the Grant and sized down 1/2 (i.e. same size as in Barrie) and I like the way they fit. Of course I'm going to be wearing thin dress socks with them versus thicker socks in a boot.

borderline

Reaction score
If everyone sizes down 1/2 on the Barrie last, why doesn't Alden just relabel what is currently a 10.5 --> 11 (etc) and then everyone can order TTS? I don't understand this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads