• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What car do you drive?

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IBJanky
2009 Honda Fit:

IMG_9250.jpg

I plan on purchasing one as my next car. Until then, 2000 Toyota Corolla until it dies... hopefully it can make it to next summer without a major mechanical problem.

billsayers

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bck
I know two people who had similar experiences. One drove a 3-series and ended up driving an accord. The other recently switched from an A4 to a 2011 Sonata. Both couldn't be happier.

Yea, you think getting an Entry-Luxury model is a good idea at the time until you actually spend some time with it. They are not well-equipped or carry the stature of more expensive Luxury models. The manufactures make these models with the hopes of moving customers up to more expensive models as they age.

If anything, they portray the owner as someone who cares about brands and "prestige" but cannot afford to buy a real luxury car...which in my opinion is significantly more tragic than someone who does not care about the car they drive.

I could have gotten another Near-Luxury model or even a Mid-Luxury model but decided against it as they no longer appealed to me. Still holding out for a Porsche 911 though...

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I rented a BMW 3 series for a weekend. I thought it drove ok but couldn't get past the fact that in order to plug anything into the cigarette lighter jack, you had to open the center console/armrest. So I plug in my Garmin and then have nowhere to put my elbows. Who would design a car like that? I know it's a small matter but drove me crazy.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went from a Honda S2000 to an E46 330i ZHP back to an S2000. The longer I had it the more I freaking hated that BMW. Mushy suspension, loose steering, crappy shifter (compared to S2000) with an arm rest that interfered with shifting, seats designed for fatasses, and **** brakes. Not to mention getting assraped on service.

I will probably not be buying another BMW anytime soon. The E30 is still awesome, though.

pscolari

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lizard23
IMG_3736.jpg

2010 Audi A4 in Meteor Grey

Excellent!

Finally picked up my A3 in meteor gray Monday night. Ordered it back in mid-August. Haven't been able to drive it yet except back to town.

junkyard_sal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dcg
I will probably not be buying another BMW anytime soon. The E30 is still awesome, though.
I looked long and hard for a ZHP as a daily driver / back-up track car. Eventually I bought another e30, LOL. Due to BMW's free (NO) maintenance program I will not buy a modern used BMW (you will have major money down the road at about 100k). Due to the bloated weight of the new cars and residual Bangle design I will not buy a new BMW. I am left with e30s, e28s, or e34s (the start of the plastic bits aka delaminating door cards, but still great motor and chassis).

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Mine was CPO. Should have probably paid to extend the maintenance as well. Around 60k miles they charged me ~$500 to tell me nothing was wrong with it. A few weeks later the CEL came on; turns out one of the hoses had cracked. Real thorough inspection that $500 bought me.
sarcasm.gif

Beckwith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Smacked up my 2008 LR3 to the tune of $6,200. I guess that is why you have insurance.

Aaron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by junkyard_sal
She is Zinnoberrot and commonly known as Frau Cinnabombe, 245K miles, most of them on the race track. Soon she will be a dedicated club racer. I believe that the grill is a Kamei grill with eyelids.

This winter she gets a new M3T spec motor, rebuilt close ratio transmission, race spec 4 clutch, asymmetric ramp angles, 3.91 racing differential, and a JRZ suspension. I am debating about the cage and racing seats but after that there is almost no chance she will ever be a street car again. I am not 100% committed to club racing maybe HPDE will be enough for me for the rest of my life, but I doubt it.

I just put in new strut tubes and adjustable Koni's (frt and back) on the iX, what an improvement over the Blilly HDs. Next step will be centered M3 control arm bushings. Tighten the old girl up a bit.

My '89 325ix was just totaled two months ago. A girl made a left into my driver's side rear quarter while I was going through an intersection on a green. It was a Japanese import with only 107K on it and had been all the rubber, electrics and mechanicals had been replaced by the previous owner. I miss my e30...

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TC (Houston)
Bangin, this is definitely the front runner for our next sedan.

Really? They look great, sound great, but the $50K jackup from the 550 to this really not that worth it IMO.

TylerDurden

Reaction score
2001 Nissan Maxima SE now. Replaced my E30.

3.0L Automatic with 17 inch rims. Nice car but the resale values on these suck.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads