• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisGold

Reaction score
Cimabue,

Glad you like them - Ravello is a great color and photographs do not do them justice.

phailing101

Reaction score
I just tried ordering some Alden cordovan boots in colour 8 off shoemart and they don't ship internationally??

I played around with the site and it would let me order any other shoes but Aldens.

I tried calling 1-800 number and it tells me I can't connect.

(I'm in Canada BTW).

Anyone know what's up with this.............or where I can order some Alden boots from??

**edit- never mind, Tony the Tailor is my new best friend! Great selection and international shipping.

srivats

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dexter_
Wearing Ravello today as well
smile.gif

DSC_0046-1.jpg

Ravello Cap Toe Boot

Those are wonderful!

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChrisGold
Also wearing Ravello, longwing with crepe.

You beat me to those on eBay didn't you...
frown.gif

I wound up buying the cigar LWBs from the same seller. He had Cigar, Ravello(crepe), and Wiskey all up at the same time new in box for ~$550.

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got the Color 8 boots in the mail today.

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cimabue
Yes, Shoe Mart. Couldn't be happier. The worry about reddish-orange shell is unfounded. Medium brown with slight orange undertints. Perfect.

Go Alden!

Yup...same here, I'm sure you saw my posting of the boots I got from Epaulet. Initially, I was reluctant because of the way they photographed but they are awesome!

ChrisGold

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
You beat me to those on eBay didn't you...
frown.gif

I wound up buying the cigar LWBs from the same seller. He had Cigar, Ravello(crepe), and Wiskey all up at the same time new in box for ~$550.

No, I'm not the guilty party, they came from Alden-of-Carmel a few months ago.

interlockingny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by geoffmartin17
Anyone have those winn perry chromexcel longwings? Kind of interested. Shame I slept on those boots

Yes, I do. They are up there as one of my favorites. What would you like to know about them?

HorseHide

Reaction score
Originally Posted by geoffmartin17
Anyone have those winn perry chromexcel longwings? Kind of interested. Shame I slept on those boots

I have a pair, they're great (perfect for winter in Chicago). The color is darker than the natural chromexcel I've seen on a number of Shoemart offerings. They're perfect with jeans, maybe a little too light to dress up (commando soul keeps them casual as well).

Second best pair of Aldens (brown chromexcel chukka from LS is No 1) I've bought in some time.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always wear thick boots socks with my Indys.
Thinking of picking up a pair of Cap Toe boots. Do you guys wear boot socks or just normal dress socks with cap toe boots?

Profligate47

Reaction score
Originally Posted by unclesam099
Thanks, do you have a photo?

I'm still reading about the different lasts and whatnot. I don't really understand too much about why this or that last is better or worse, other than potential fit of the shoe vs my foot shape. Nor do I understand how people get the same shoe, but on different lasts. But I guess that's how Alden does things.

I really need to go to a local store and check them out. Sherman Brothers is local to me, so I will try them out.

I'm the same size in Van last, Tremont, Aberdeen, and Barrie--all 10.5D. I think it's best to try them on at least once. Good idea to go to Sherman Bros. Here are my 974's in Color 8:

IMG_1572.jpg

MaxK

Reaction score
I wish someone would make a wingtip boot in kudu with a commando sole. All this cordovan love is great, but give me more kudu! Alden of Carmel has a now discontinued kudu wingtip boot with a lug sole, but it would be so nice with a commando (and in my size...).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads