• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not really sure what this whole talk of "looking Jil", looking less Jil or looking more Jil means - and I'm not going to try to understand it. I can only say that the second suit looks better proportioned, fits better and is more flattering on you than the first one. I think that's a fine objective and result in and of itself.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
I'm not really sure what this whole talk of "looking Jil", looking less Jil or looking more Jil means - and I'm not going to try to understand it

facepalm.gif

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
being facepalmed by Uncontrol, priceless.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aether
Really not sure if your yanking my chain, Scotty
Dead serious, I am buying jeans from that line next week, it is very real. It's a shrunken fit of the menswear pieces from the season. DL, so dope.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
I'm not really sure what this whole talk of "looking Jil", looking less Jil or looking more Jil means - and I'm not going to try to understand it. I can only say that the second suit looks better proportioned, fits better and is more flattering on you than the first one. I think that's a fine objective and result in and of itself.

+1000, pretty much disregard la guy's advice
lol8[1].gif

nice dl though i can't imagine what you have that you can wear with that?

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet

That is going to be a challenge. I will see if I can fit it in somehow. If it looks stupid with my usual outfit of diors and boots, then I have a problem!

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prada_Ferragamo
Aircuts black coated
Devoa cowl neck
Viridi-anne double layer

Really want a pair of these

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Synthese
Really want a pair of these

I got it off SZ. I think yoox has a pair in size 32 right now. Not sure if it's still there. If you are size 31 or 32, they should fit you.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
+1000, pretty much disregard la guy's advice
lol8[1].gif

Nice. I was actually calculating margins and buying when you were in JNCO, though, son. Just sayin'.

Look at the Jil Sander ad campaigns from 2008 and 2009, gdl. I models are extremely young and thin, and the jackets are typically cut to be boxy and short, with narrow shoulders. I don't think that there is anything particularly objectionable about the second suit, and it looks like it fits better by conventional standards. I just think that the first suit has the potential to be more interesting and distinctive. Perceptions of what looks good, especially in something as transient as fashion, is so culturally tuned as to be objectively meaningless, and I'm probably a little jaundiced. One guy's alpha is another guy's jet.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics