• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
What are you talking about? You kept saying earlier that "the matter of fact is the Spurs has the best record so they'll win the championship."
Matter off act is, #1 seed doesn't equate to a championship, simple as that.

Either way, boom, 2 in a row loss. They can't beat a KG-less Boston?

Not so. I said that the fact that they have a better record makes it much more likely.

Especially after watching the thrashing the Lakers received here in SA.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by embowafa
If LeBron's handlers had any sense, they would tell their guy to do this year's dunk contest.

I absolutely believe he'd lose a lot (not all!) of that asshole stigma if he participated this year.

Seriously, how can they still not get it?

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steve B.
After beating Dallas and the Lakers they're 4-4 (New Orleans split, Oklahoma, Los Ladies annhilation, Dallas split, Orlando, and Boston).

And the Clippers are 6-3 in their last 9 games. They have beaten NO, Nuggets, OKC, Chicago and Spurs throught he season so far. So what is your point?

thats.mana

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal
I love watching the Dubs. A great group of guys and always bring the fun.

All yeah! We number 8 seed after this win.

Kyoung05

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thats.mana
All yeah! We number 8 seed after this win.

+1. Although we still have a ways to go before getting into the 8 seed, this long stretch of home games against weaker teams should help.

thats.mana

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^I think the Dubs should just adopt the Giants catchphrase, "Torture".

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Stephen Curry is simultaneously one of my least favorite college players and favorite NBA players.not sure how that happened
puzzled.gif

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
And the Clippers are 6-3 in their last 9 games. They have beaten NO, Nuggets, OKC, Chicago and Spurs throught he season so far. So what is your point?

That the Spurs have a better record against .600+ teams.

And they ran the Lakers off the court.

And have a significantly better record.

And are therefore the better team.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HRoi
Stephen Curry is simultaneously one of my least favorite college players and favorite NBA players.not sure how that happened
puzzled.gif

he's really interesting for me because he's one of the weirdly rare things in the NBA: the successful NBA progeny.

kobe is the ultimate example, then there others like bibby/walton/barry brothers/ ect. basketball only has like 15 players per roster so i guess its a lot harder.

but the NFL/NHL/MLB is chock full of family dynasties.

i guess Grant hill was the prototype (grew up rich/sired from elite genetically superior stock).

who's the next? maybe doc rivers' kid? fits the bill

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steve B.
And they ran the Lakers off the court.

And have a significantly better record.

And are therefore the better team.

Grizzlies ran the Lakers off the court twice this year, no way are they better. That is what you are missing, the Spurs are a better team this year and they have the best record but they are by far not the better or best team. Seriously, look at the Cavs the past few seasons, they have been #1 seed for a while now and look at where it has gotten them? It isn't always as black and white as "he beat this team and has a better record so this is the better team". Sure you can say that if you are talking about a first place team like the Spurs against the team with the worst record like the Kings but within the playoff teams you can't easily say that just because of their standing because although the playoff seed plays a role it isn't the determining factor in a championship run. It will help greatly if they make it to the finals but it isn't a guaranteed trip there.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^lol you're getting trolled hard bro

is anyone really taking him seriously?

my little nephew knows more about basketball than him
lol8[1].gif

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can a mod be a troll?
lol8[1].gif

I know he despises Kobe and that is his main hate on the Lakers and I have a feeling that if Kobe never existed that Steve probably won't post here at all.

And it's actually fun taking Steve down and it has brought more satisfaction every time the Lakers win so it's all good. It'll be even more fun when the Spurs get eliminated and the Lakers wins that 3peat.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
hahaa ya

but then he'd do the same thing that he did past two years, jump on the next bandwagon team that's doing well until they get eliminated then disappear for the next several months only to resurface at the beginning of the season spewing his verbal diarrhea again >> wash, rinse, repeat
lol8[1].gif

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I never really did like Sterling, the Clippers owner.
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...of-clipper-gms

"While ignoring my suggestions and isolating me from decisions customarily reserved for general managers, the Clippers attempted to place the blame for the team's failures on me," Baylor said in the declaration. "During this same period, players Sam Cassell, Elton Brand and Corey Maggette complained to me that DONALD STERLING would bring women into the locker room after games, while the players were showering, and make comments such as, 'Look at those beautiful black bodies.' I brought this to Sterling's attention, but he continued to bring women into the locker room."

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads