• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which briefcase is better?

gsha

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Guys

trying to decide between these two bags below. Would appreciate your views / thoughts. Size is not a concern. What do you think of the two zippers on the first bag? Is something more simplistic better (personal taste issue I realize but keen to gauge general thoughts).

Would be getting dark brown for either choice.

Happy New Year to everyone!

Cheers

http://www.knomobags.com/usa/warwick-1.html/

http://www.knomobags.com/usa/dundee.html/

Bag 1

http://www.knomobags.com/usa/men/bag.../warwick.html/

file_10_19.jpg

file_8_32.jpg

warwick-brown-inside.jpg

file_11_12.jpg

Bag 2

http://www.knomobags.com/usa/dundee.html/

file_11_13.jpg

file_12_10.jpg

file_13_7.jpg

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Get one without a flap. These are good bags.

Sazerac

Reaction score
They both have flaps.

It's funny, I was considering these two bags also. I like number one ever so slightly better because A) It has two compartments in the middle instead of one and, B) the opening on one extends further down the sides meaning you can open them wider.

If you get one, please share picks and impressions.

GBer

Reaction score
Bag 3) SAB

DStew

Reaction score
Originally Posted by alliswell
Get one without a flap. These are good bags.
I dont own a bag like this but am getting ready to. Can you elaborate on the dislike for the flap? Seems useful but I have no practical experience.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The styling is pretty much the same. The answer entirely depends on what you carry with you - laptop, books, documents, etc... and whether or not you need the extra room provided by bag A?

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't like the look of it. If you need to reach for stuff while you're moving or you need to carry a lot of stuff, go with the flapped pockets. Otherwise briefcases are like wallets - the more space you have to carry (useless) stuff, the more (useless) stuff you'll carry.

Sazerac

Reaction score
The flap on both these models covers two exterior pockets, one with a zip closure, the other open at the top.

In terms of size, everything depends on how much you need to carry with you on a daily basis. Myself, I'm a minimalist. Lappie, notepad, book. Thus my space needs are minimal. But if you want to use it as, say, a carry-on and pack an extra shirt in there or whatever, you'll need more space.

gsha

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
thanks for the responses guys. Seems as though no one as any strong views against either bag.

But if you want to use it as, say, a carry-on and pack an extra shirt in there or whatever, you'll need more space.
This is my issue precisely. While on a daily basis I would not be carrying much, occasionally I may use it as a carry-one therefore handy to have the additional space. I'm just slightly put-off by the large zip that goes all around on bag 1.

Any suggestions for similar bags in this price range? Up to say $600?

gsha

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sazerac
They both have flaps.

It's funny, I was considering these two bags also. I like number one ever so slightly better because A) It has two compartments in the middle instead of one and, B) the opening on one extends further down the sides meaning you can open them wider.

If you get one, please share picks and impressions.

Will definitely post impressions etc. once I come to decision (by the end of this week).

pdsf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
The styling is pretty much the same. The answer entirely depends on what you carry with you - laptop, books, documents, etc... and whether or not you need the extra room provided by bag A?

+1

Originally Posted by gsha
thanks for the responses guys. Seems as though no one as any strong views against either bag.

This is my issue precisely. While on a daily basis I would not be carrying much, occasionally I may use it as a carry-one therefore handy to have the additional space. I'm just slightly put-off by the large zip that goes all around on bag 1.

Any suggestions for similar bags in this price range? Up to say $600?

What about Hlaska?

I have seen bags that you can unzip the bottom to make them bigger. In fact, I have one made by AG Spaulding and Bros that's like that but it's not leather...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads