• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisGold

Reaction score
New arrival today from Shoemart - much softer than my other cordovan out of the box. Breaking them in right now.

Man with Apple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChrisGold
With the rest of the family... so far.

What kind of lining do the cigar have in them? Looks different than the color 8's.

ChrisGold

Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnnyrich7
What kind of lining do the cigar have in them? Looks different than the color 8's.

Great question. The color is definitely lighter, although the leather seems to be the same. (It is not quite as light in person as it shows in the picture)

Profligate47

Reaction score
To Unclesam099:

I have 'em and love 'em! They're 974 Color 8 on the Tremont last...

cimabue

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChrisGold
With the rest of the family... so far.

Nice collection! I'm partial to the cigar, as always. 'Hoping the ravello boots I'm waiting on aren't going to be as reddy orange as they seem to be in some photos. Don't like red in a shoe, which is why I don't have any #8 or burgundy shell.

ChrisGold

Reaction score
Thank you. I will be adding more ravello next. They do photograph a bit on the orange side, but they are really beautiful shoes in person. (Although I should add the caveat that all the cordovan finishes seem to vary from pair to pair - my #8s are very different in color, with the PTB being very red and the Chukka almost black)

cimabue

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mcarthur
28kk4tw.jpg

ravello wt

I'm really liking this shoe, especially with the heel piece. Makes the shoe look more rugged and masculine.

This Alden thing is nuts. I'm ready to swap out all my English made shoes (except for the monkies!). Anybody looking for a pair of gently worn Sandalwood Graftons, UK 9F?

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mcarthur
28kk4tw.jpg

ravello wt

Great shoes, Mac. Where'd you pick them up?

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cimabue
I'm really liking this shoe, especially with the heel piece. Makes the shoe look more rugged and masculine.

This Alden thing is nuts. I'm ready to swap out all my English made shoes (except for the monkies!). Anybody looking for a pair of gently worn Sandalwood Graftons, UK 9F?

thank you

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imatlas
Great shoes, Mac. Where'd you pick them up?

thank you
from tom

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
4qg3nd.jpg

color 4 and black saddle

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ those are awesome, totally unnecessary for me but I would buy them in a heartbeat if I saw them

Gunner72

Reaction score
First post....thanks for all the great Alden sharing. Picked these up on the Shoemart seconds a couple of months ago. I thought maybe they were #8 shortwings, as they clearly were not longwings. Couldn't figure out what they were once I got them as they are not the usual shortwings either. I eventually saw something on the Leffot site about an Atom Wingtip Blucher -- in calfskin, on the Tremont last, with five eyelets. Mine, according to Shoemart, are on Barrie, and have four eyelets. The only Barrie, Atom Wing Blucher, also cordovan, I could find was on Tassels, however those don't have the metal eylets mine do. Anyway, loving my first Alden endeavor. Thought I'd post as I haven't seen many mentions of this Atom wingtip. From Leffot: The Atom was originally part of the Foot Balance System made on the Truflare last. Our Atom is tweaked a bit here and there. We went with a more conventional five-eyelet blucher on the Tremont last and used the new “burnished” tan calfskin for the uppers, a deeper, richer color than the old tan. We detailed these shoes with versatility in mind; they can be worn equally well casually or for business. The soles are single leather bone bottoms with mid tan edges they’re light and flexible. The Tremont last fits similar to the Barrie but has a round higher toe box with a slight chiseled drop that adds a bit of formality that the Barrie lacks. All and all we think this is one of our most versatile Alden make-ups.

afterglow

Reaction score
I have a pair of Kudu Ultimate Indys arriving shortly. Is it okay to condition them with some Obenauf's LP or will I just ruin the boot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads