• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Dane

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
It's my least favorite of the several Aouds I've tried, but it's still lovely. It's a "funkier" Aoud, with more pepper and cumin, so "dirtier" with less of the Rose/darkness of the others. In order of my favorites, it probably goes Aoud Queen Roses, Black, White, Steam, and then Red. It's one of Montale's "harsher" scents, though quite interesting. I think somebody who loved this would also love Chypre Vanille, even though the two scents are nothing alike.
Red Aoud is my fav...it has a strange chocolate accord that I really like. Almost smells like a mexican hot chocolate....with oud. My other fav is Original Aoud, but that one's pretty dull, and although I bought a bottle, I tired of it rather quickly. Wearing Caleche Eau Delicate (again) today.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dane
Red Aoud is my fav...it has a strange chocolate accord that I really like. Almost smells like a mexican hot chocolate....with oud. My other fav is Original Aoud, but that one's pretty dull, and although I bought a bottle, I tired of it rather quickly. Wearing Caleche Eau Delicate (again) today.
I'm glad you and Rach like it. I found it to be scrubberlicious, scrubbertastic, and scrubberpendous.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yesterday: ELdO Vierges et Toreros. Still liking this one a lot.
Today: Nahema.

Dane

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
I'm glad you and Rach like it. I found it to be scrubberlicious, scrubbertastic, and scrubberpendous.

Lulz. That was Lime Aoud for me. Barf-o-rama.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dane
Lulz. That was Lime Aoud for me. Barf-o-rama.
Chypre Vanille is incredibly astringent and harsh. Strangely alluring as it doesn't do "sweet" like you'd expect vanilla. Nevertheless, I must admit swapping my bottle rather quickly after getting it... Worst montale was Fougeres Marines, which smelled like Tommy but cost $145.
frown.gif

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Molton Brown cassia body spray today. love this light scent.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm a fan of Oud Cuir Arabie, which is so wild and anamilistic and over the top. There's nothing else really like it, and despite how strange it smells it will still attract compliments. The rosy ouds are too sweet and powdery to me. I like them in concept, but I get fatigued when I wear them.

Today TF Grey Vetiver, from the other decant I got frmo Rioni. This is a nice conventional vetiver scent - reminds me a bit of CdG Vettiveru crossed with Guerlain Vetiver. Because of that, I wouldn't seek out a bottle, but my impression is that it's got some of the oomph of the old Guerlain that's missing from the reformulation, so I think it makes a nice option for someone looking for that one vetiver scent to own, depending on the price.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tried AdP Colonia Intensa the other day. Really liked it a lot.

Also tried Creed Aventus, but it was too sweet for me. It was very nice though and I could see how someone would like it. it's just not for me.

Tried Bleu de Chanel from a magazine sample. It was truly disgusting and I couldn't wait to get it off my arm. I expected more from Chanel.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Trying Nicolai New York today. Not bad. Might be a little too "vanilla spice" for me.

TintoTerra

Reaction score
Wearing six scents Damir Doma end/beginning again this evening. It reminds me of Oud 27, but it also has a weird 'honey vs turpentine' thing going on.

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tonight it's the new Midnight in Paris from Van Cleef & Arpels. I tried the EDT on in Neimans a few weeks ago and knew I had to have it. I ended up purchasing the EDP which really blew me away. It's like a more sophisticated Bulgari Black w/o the fatiguing opening notes.

TintoTerra

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rioni
Tonight it's the new Midnight in Paris from Van Cleef & Arpels. I tried the EDT on in Neimans a few weeks ago and knew I had to have it. I ended up purchasing the EDP which really blew me away. It's like a more sophisticated Bulgari Black w/o the fatiguing opening notes.

This one has been on my radar lately. Can't wait to try it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics