• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chatty
I got these a couple weeks ago through Leffot. Ordered MTO Rider boots to get me through the winter. Shell cordovan and pebble grain combo with a dainite sole.

Fit well and are really durable as I wore them trudging through the blizzard.

Steven showed me these when he got them in because I am a big black shoe/boot fan. They are beauties!

I have a pebble grain pair of really high boots with buckles from Ron on their way.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These goodies just arrived from out friends at The Armoury today!
P1040841.jpg
P1040837.jpg
P1040836.jpg
P1040838.jpg
P1040839.jpg
P1040840.jpg

genericman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by FidelCashflow

[/IMG]

awesome shoes....are you familar with cj shoes?

closer to the belgrave 337 or 348?

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
28kk4tw.jpg

ravello wt

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by genericman
awesome shoes....are you familar with cj shoes?

closer to the belgrave 337 or 348?

Closer to 337 - not as long as 348, more balanced proportions.

madstaxbro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pebblegrain
Is there a reason the toes are so square?
Comfort last in likelihood. Also Andrew W are those patterned wholecuts in your second upload a commissioned work? They'd look amazing if you ever decide to sell any more like that pair.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FidelCashflow;3972852 said:

Definitely the bomb. They look immaculate. Details of last, style and price plz? thanx

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pliny
Definitely the bomb. They look immaculate. Details of last, style and price plz? thanx

Price from The Armoury (HK based store run by fellow SF'ers yfyf and toiletduck) is approx $500 + shipping from HK. See the link to the Armoury at the top of this page.

Last is called the Simpson last, it's a chiseled toe last, similar in shape to the C&J 337 last - not as elongated as the C&J 348 last. It has very balanced proportions which I like. Seems to be a last of average width, not particularly narrow or wide (they have an Inca last which I'm told is wider and an Alcudia last which I'm told is narrower although it's not obvious from the pics.)

Style as you can see is the classic semi-brogue - this is the type of shoe that goes with anything.

tchoy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
Who is the maker of these?

Alden by the looks of thing

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luk-cha
Alden by the looks of thing

Maybe, but they have a flat welt, and it doesn't look like the Barrie last. I feel like you don't often see Alden's with flat welts. I guess just the short wing on some sort of other last.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads