• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
^wasn't planning on wearing them with the wolverines. I was planning on kicking around in the combat boots until I save enough pennies to get something more legit but in a similar style. Probably these:

http://www.upscalehype.com/wp-conten...ttero-boot.jpg

or something similar

Check out All Saints, they have a 50% off sale right iirc. They might have a pair that will suit your needs for the time being.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
since you own combat boots, why not a side-zip boot? Jean AND suit friendly.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm probably gonna start checking out boots once I've got my leather. I've been oogling PS's for a while but my problem is I have small feet and I don't want anything too slight--notoriously chunky AE's look fairly sleek on me, so YSL's or something dope like that might make me look too foppy

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wangvicous
I like them to leave my alone unless I need a size or something. Maybe say hi when I walk in.
Originally Posted by scott.m
M 2 SA's at my spot and I will talk for 30 minutes to an hour about Junya, Rick, Ann, Comme, etc. I will most likely not buy anything, we'll dap and I'll leave. They will also text me come markdown and hold items for me in the basement to ensure I get them. That is how it should be, first name basis and personal as can be without force feeding.
Originally Posted by RFX45
I wish my experience is always like that. More often than not, I get ignored and that's fine for the most part but there times even when I ask for help I still get ignored.
Thanks for the info. I'd rather be left alone while browsing, mostly because I just feel weird asking for help... I know right? Though I think the worst thing is not being acknowledged at all. It's a fine line sometimes between being a pushy sales person and a snobby one. I prefer to really spend my time much like how scott.m described, just sitting around chatting about clothes or other friendly topics (anything beats folding clothes). I usually try to at least offer my help to everyone I see, though most people seem to give a "**** off and leave me alone vibe" and I wouldn't know if I've ever been "that snobby unattentive SA".

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm probably gonna start checking out boots once I've got my leather. I've been oogling PS's for a while but my problem is I have small feet and I don't want anything to look too slight--notoriously chunky AE's look fairly sleek on me, so YSL's or something dope like that might look a bit to foppy

PS boots probably won't work as well for the DRKSHDW x ToJ look. Even PS's distressed boots aren't distressed in that way, you are better off looking at John Varvatos, JV USA for a cheaper alternative.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm probably gonna start checking out boots once I've got my leather. I've been oogling PS's for a while but my problem is I have small feet and I don't want anything too slight--notoriously chunky AE's look fairly sleek on me, so YSL's or something dope like that might make me look silly

If you see Marc Jacob boots on sale, they're nice and underrated IMO. The pair I have is much nicer than my PS, and they roughly retail for the same (~600), though the shape on the MJ ones are sleeker without being corny.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. Problem with sales is again, I wear 7.5's in most thing and most stores don't carry my size in more niche brands lke PS/NDC/W&H/CP, much less get them on sale. For the same reason, B&S is normally useless. I'm going to start checking out the supermarket though--some nice stuff in my foot size has popped up there (Dior Cuban Heeled boots in particular) but I had to let them go. My best bet is probs trying a bunch of stuff on and waiting for it to pop up on Gilt (which does have my sizes a lot of the time).

JV stuff looks pretty cool. I plan on heading to the RO boutique as soon as I get the jacket in to try the jeans and see if they look redic. I'm less on the raw denim tip now, just because my job is on the formaler side of bizcas and i don't want to wait like, a year to enjoy the styling on my purchase.

Master Milano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
**** how do you choose what kind of aesthetic you should go for?

i kinda want to do a lil of everything but i don't have enough money for it.

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master Milano

choose one:

your style will either try and make up for a lack of personality, which will be immediately apparent to people you interact with in real life

or it will be an extension of your personality, in which case the question you asked won't ever cross your mind

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master Milano

What do you identify most with? What feels most natural when you wear it? What do you imagine yourself wearing on your last day of life? These are questions you should ask.

You should buy the **** that I just listed for sale, cop my swag.

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scott.m
What do you identify most with? What feels most natural when you wear it? What do you imagine yourself wearing on your last day of life? These are questions you should ask.

You should buy the **** that I just listed for sale, cop my swag.

so i should go naked then?

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you, Doggy.

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i bought a MMM flesh colored jumpsuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics