• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by spertia
^^Looks great with that outfit. I really like the jacket (flannel?).

Thanks. Yes, a grey flannel suit.

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
On the wrist today

IMG00912-20110104-1539.jpg

Yes indeed. Excellent watch and suit/shirt combo. Lovely look all together
biggrin.gif

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I really like the dial of the Radiomir GMT but am unsure of the 42mm size (as opposed to the regular 45mm). Any thoughts?

joel_23.jpg

joel_24.jpg

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the 42mm case is perfect actually. I have this watch - let me know if you have issues finding one to try on in NYC (can't imagine there's that many around)

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I think the 42mm case is perfect actually. I have this watch - let me know if you have issues finding one to try on in NYC (can't imagine there's that many around)

Thanks gdl - the Panny store has one, but I appreciate the offer. Congrats on the buy - I'm loving the dial.

Do you wear the 42mm with a suit?

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I'm deciding between the 42mm GMT and the 214 (below - its a 45mm) - any comments are welcome:

PICT0172.jpg

PICT0175.jpg

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ET - what's your wrist circumference? Unless it's unusually large I would definitely go with the 42mm. 45mm can very easily look overdone unless you've got Aahnold-like wrists.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley
Thanks gdl - the Panny store has one, but I appreciate the offer. Congrats on the buy - I'm loving the dial.
Wait... did they re-issue it?
confused.gif

It's an old Ltd Edition. I've had mine for 6 or 7 years. It needs a good service btw... but I fear the OP bill for that movement...

JoelF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley
I really like the dial of the Radiomir GMT but am unsure of the 42mm size (as opposed to the regular 45mm). Any thoughts?

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/e...es/joel_23.jpg

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/e...es/joel_24.jpg

Very nice but seems somehow a bit ummm dainty for a Pam. Picked up a used Luminor Base 176 recently, my first Pam and I realize a completely different style. Really enjoy the solid heft and presence of the watch.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Wait... did they re-issue it?
confused.gif

It's an old Ltd Edition. I've had mine for 6 or 7 years. It needs a good service btw... but I fear the OP bill for that movement...

Hmm, not sure - didn't realize it was that old. I asked if they had the 00098 in stock, and they confirmed they did. Perhaps the lady misunderstood.

While I agree with the point on the wrist size, I'm trending towards the 214 as I intend to wear this watch casually (i.e. never to the office), and I prefer the beefier watches for casual wear. I also feel a 42mm Radiomir, much like the a 40mm Luminor, is a bit against the ethos of the brand. But I do love that GMT. Tough choice.

Medtech: I already have a few 44mm Luminors, and like the size for casual wear, so am comfortable with the idea of a bigger watch.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I looked at the OP website and it seems like they re-issued it this year - called it 355 and changed the dial a little bit (no more railroad track). I don't know if the movement is still the same Girard Perregaux though.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I looked at the OP website and it seems like they re-issued it this year - called it 355 and changed the dial a little bit (no more railroad track). I don't know if the movement is still the same Girard Perregaux though.

Thanks. Unfamiliar with the 355 but perhaps that was what she was hinting at. Will check it out this weekend, along with the 214.

gdl: Any experience with either the 214 or the 288?

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I haven't really looked at PAMs since the G or H series - I completely lost interest when Bonati started to take the brand and designs all over the place. When there's a car wreck on the road, I prefer to look the other way... I'm sure I missed a couple of decent pieces in the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads