• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I was at Khiel's today and tried on their #1 Musk. Didn't like the topnotes. Too fruity or something, but like it much more once it dried back.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
What do you guys think of an OFFICIAL Fragrance Split thread? Similar to the one that I created for gift cards. I thought of it because I saw Rioni trying to manage a split in his FS thread and I've been talking over a few different splits with some other members. Where would it go? FS: Other or here in H&B?
Bueller?

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Bueller?
still thinking. If I were handling a split I'd probably start a thread asking for suggestions, then start the sale thread in FS: other and then cross-post to advise that a split is in the making. Not sure if that runs afoul of any B/S/T guidelines, but that's my $0.02 ... Today, Anvers2. It's good but lacks presence.

Dane

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Parker
I was at Khiel's today and tried on their #1 Musk. Didn't like the topnotes. Too fruity or something, but like it much more once it dried back.

Try Malin+Goetz Synthesized Musk.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Wearing Sycomore, via a decant from Rioni's sale thread. Interesting vetiver - kinda dirty, but refined with a lot of depth. I really like it. I'd love to buy a 1oz bottle for under $100.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
Wearing Sycomore, via a decant from Rioni's sale thread. Interesting vetiver - kinda dirty, but refined with a lot of depth. I really like it. I'd love to buy a 1oz bottle for under $100.
You can buy a 2.5oz for $110 from the Chanel website and a whopping 6oz for $210. http://www.chanel.com/en_US/fragranc...TE-SPRAY-88461 My SOTD today was Red Aoud!
wink.gif

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Malin and Goetz Rum Tonic today.
teacha.gif
I really like the scent.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
My bottle of Cuir de Lancome arrived today so I wound up sampling that as well. It's rich and dense, and just at the very edge of what I call 'sufficiently masculine'.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
still thinking. If I were handling a split I'd probably start a thread asking for suggestions, then start the sale thread in FS: other and then cross-post to advise that a split is in the making. Not sure if that runs afoul of any B/S/T guidelines, but that's my $0.02
See that's was I was thinking of avoiding with the centralized thread.
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
My SOTD today was Red Aoud!
wink.gif

How is this one?
Originally Posted by Xericx
Malin and Goetz Rum Tonic today.
teacha.gif
I really like the scent.

Is this anything like their rum candle?
Originally Posted by Thomas
My bottle of Cuir de Lancome arrived today so I wound up sampling that as well. It's rich and dense, and just at the very edge of what I call 'sufficiently masculine'.
The women's frag? Or is there another CdL that they make?

Hartmann

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think of an OFFICIAL Fragrance Split thread? Similar to the one that I created for gift cards. I thought of it because I saw Rioni trying to manage a split in his FS thread and I've been talking over a few different splits with some other members. Where would it go? FS: Other or here in H&B?
Sure, why not. Like Thomas said, people can use it to figure out what they want first, and you can also advertise in B&S to get more people interested.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
How is this one?
It's my least favorite of the several Aouds I've tried, but it's still lovely. It's a "funkier" Aoud, with more pepper and cumin, so "dirtier" with less of the Rose/darkness of the others. In order of my favorites, it probably goes Aoud Queen Roses, Black, White, Steam, and then Red. It's one of Montale's "harsher" scents, though quite interesting. I think somebody who loved this would also love Chypre Vanille, even though the two scents are nothing alike.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
(...)
The women's frag? Or is there another CdL that they make?

Yes, the women's frag. It is on the softer, fruitier side but quite good if you're comfortable with it. Actually, it opens pretty femme, then gets this dry harshness, and then settles into a soft fruity leather. Not really groudbreaking - someone called it a white-shirt-and-jeans type of scent and I think that hit the nail on the head.

Today, Chanel Antaeus.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads