• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Walk around the club, bump errrbody
Can't see can't speak bump errbody

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
She said look ma no hand, she said look ma no hands
And no darlin' I don't dance and I'm wit Eason I'm with Kelvin
I think I deserve a chance
Imma bad motha fucka go and ask them mothafuckas

*Tee*

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
She said look ma no hand, she said look ma no hands
And no darlin' I don't dance and I'm wit Eason I'm with Kelvin
I think I deserve a chance
Imma bad motha fucka go and ask them mothafuckas

For real, tell me how you a thug and you Superman ?
confused.gif

I just seen you in the club doin' the Supaman...
laugh.gif

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by *Tee*
For real, tell me how you a thug and you Superman ?
confused.gif

I just seen you in the club doin' the Supaman...
laugh.gif

Why would I change? I didn't step out of Superman's phone booth
To remind where I'm from, I look at my own tooth
I'm speakin' the known truth
I ain't been living the same, since I moved under Silvia Rone's roof

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can someone find those hilarious sketches softy did a while back

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
I'm not doing super RO, just going for more interesting pieces for legwear. I definitely think i could pull of a ToJ/Tshirt/DRKSHDW/Boots look

just get some gray denim, W+H or N&F weird guy gray selvedge.

Originally Posted by wangvicous
"Minimalism is not a style, it is an attitude, a way of being. It's a fundamental reaction against noise, visual noise, disorder, vulgarity. Minimalism is the pursuit of the essence of things, not the appearance." Claudio Silvestrin

Minimalism can be fine but 99% of the time it's just as pretentious if not more than what it claims to rebel against.

"the essence of things, not the appearance" is such a bullshit idea.

To say that minimalism is a reaction against things is an admission that it's dependent upon a comparison with vulgar maximal-ism to be valid.

wangvicous

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix
just get some gray denim, W+H or N&F weird guy gray selvedge.

Minimalism can be fine but 99% of the time it's just as pretentious if not more than what it claims to rebel against.

"the essence of things, not the appearance" is such a bullshit idea.

To say that minimalism is a reaction against things is an admission that it's dependent upon a comparison with vulgar maximal-ism to be valid.

Pretty much and I completely agree. Its not more intellectual, its all just personal preference. If anything taking care to actually make a choice is the most important part. I just included the quote because it really hit home the first time I saw it.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix
what is the basis for this claim? (maybe I shouldn't ask . . . )

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think ppl who make blogs about their minimalism quests are who hendrix speaks of

I def don't think they make up 99% of minimalists though... prob just seems that way on the internet

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DLester
what is the basis for this claim? (maybe I shouldn't ask . . . )
same as in clothing "I wear plain tees and raw denim because graphic tees and prewashed denim are garish" is an example. People have been told that **** with a pattern or any complexity is garish and ugly, so they go on perpetuating this myth, when really who's the pretentious one? someone who wears loud and garish clothing because they like it? or someone who wears plain clothes because they so that they can say other stuff is ostentatious and snear at it. please don't take this as me hating on raw denim or plain tees, it's just that a lot of people justify raw denim in this way, rather than just saying the best answer which is "I like it". It happens all over in art and architecture and music. Miles Davis' invention of modal jazz was reactionary to the hugely harmonically complex bebop (i think Charlie Parker said that he invented bebop because he thought it'd be too difficult for white musicians to copy). Which was cool in context, but also good to listen to just for the fact that it's nice music (i.e. simplicity was the point, but it's still good in its own light). Also notice that he didn't stick with it (hard bop in the sixties, fusion etc) or try to justify it by saying that bebop was in bad taste. Too many artists took the wrong point to heart and exaggerated the simplicity for the point of simplicity, thinking they were making some type of statement, when all they were really doing was making boring music. quick version I guess what i'm saying is that minimalism (and maximal-ism) are fine if they can look (sound, taste, smell) good on their own and aren't a pretentious attempt to slander their counterpoints. This video posted recently demonstrates exactly the douches that advocate the all-too-common false minimalism:
Originally Posted by Marcus Bouchier
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ ****. I was all over The Hurts last summer.

"NEver give up..it's such a wonderful lifeeee.."

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid
I think ppl who make blogs about their minimalism quests are who hendrix speaks of

I def don't think they make up 99% of minimalists though... prob just seems that way on the internet

yeah, i was exaggerating.

also, gosh who would've thought that i actually miss writing essays. Need to get back to uni so i can unleash my inner Xenox

*Tee*

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
Why would I change? I didn't step out of Superman's phone booth
To remind where I'm from, I look at my own tooth
I'm speakin' the known truth
I ain't been living the same, since I moved under Silvia Rone's roof

I'm most hated, most def, but I'm most def one of the most def, with exception to Mos Def...
Correction: I'm most def one of the most with depth, but most slept, cuz I prolly went over most heads...

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm, kind of curious, what kind of service do you expect from an SA at a store? Not a commissions based Barneys store, but also not something like H&M either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics