• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Kosher restaurants in NYC

sartorialism

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm going to revive and tweak this a bit: Who makes the best kosher soup in NYC? I'm going on a date tomorrow night, and we decided to enjoy some hot, delicious soup on what will be a cold winter evening. So now I need to find the best bowl in town.

Recommendations?

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which restaurant did you end up going to?

-LR

sartorialism

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ljrcustom
Which restaurant did you end up going to?

-LR

Oh, this wasn't so much about a specific trip on a specific night to a specific restaurant; I live in NYC and have frequented most Kosher restaurants. I was just taking a poll, asking for recommendations, etc.

My latest stop was Solo Thursday night. It was OK.

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sartorialism
Oh, this wasn't so much about a specific trip on a specific night to a specific restaurant; I live in NYC and have frequented most Kosher restaurants. I was just taking a poll, asking for recommendations, etc.

My latest stop was Solo Thursday night. It was OK.

Gotcha. Where would you say is the best restaurant to get kosher steak in the city?

-LR

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

sartorialism

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by taxgenius69
I'm a big fan.

Have you ever done their Chef's taster menu? Great deal there! And the braised meat was mmmm
inlove.gif

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you ever done their Chef's taster menu? Great deal there! And the braised meat was mmmm
inlove.gif

Nope, a bit pricey, but next time I go I certainly would. Heard great things about it.

sartorialism

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nope, a bit pricey, but next time I go I certainly would. Heard great things about it.

It isn't inexpensive, but it costs less than you'd expect... And it's worth every cent.

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe Mike's Bistro?

I'm a big fan.

Thanks for recommendation. I will have to try it out next time I'm in the city.

-LR

eztantz

Reaction score
Personally I found the surprise steak at Le Marais to be the best but I do not frequent city restaurants and have never been to Tevere . Deli Casbah up on the West Side has great food and its on the cheaper end although its even more cramped then La Marais but decent food nonetheless.

Any feedback on Clubhouse Cafe?

sartorialism

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eztantz
Personally I found the surprise steak at Le Marais to be the best but I do not frequent city restaurants and have never been to Tevere . Deli Casbah up on the West Side has great food and its on the cheaper end although its even more cramped then La Marais but decent food nonetheless.

Any feedback on Clubhouse Cafe?

Oh, when considering everything, Deli Casbah is the best! It's a fun, cheap and delicious meal!

Mujib

Reaction score
Are Jews permitted to eat halal meat?

Mujib

Reaction score
Is that because the slaughterer must be Jewish?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads