• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwkicks

Reaction score
Is Boy by BOO, strictly a woman's line? There is/was some stuff on Yoox in the Men's section.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Personally I'm not going to spend a bunch of money on furniture and stuff like that until I find a place I can see myself living in for 5 years. That might happen this summer or next summer, we'll see. But I'm not living there now, this place is fine but it's a stepping stone.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Clothing is like furniture that you use all the time.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I don't understand how there is no appreciation of someone's aesthetic that you are not a party to. Do people really only like the way they dress? I often see guys belonging to one aesthetic giving props to others who share the same but not others. Kind of a bizarre phenomenon.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Sometimes I think I'd like to have an outfit like Scott's just for fun, like a costume. My girlfriend really digs that kind of style. I think it would be fun to just dress up as different stylistic archtypes (done perfectly) just so you could **** with people who think they know what you're going to wear.

cowsareforeating

Reaction score
^i think its more of a contemporary vs. traditional/conservative split?

people who like traditional menswear will find it hard to appreciate rick and ann d.

however i think people who wear ann d and rick can appreciate traditional... so i guess its only one way?

wangvicous

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid
I think minimalism for nothing other than the ability to say "I have one fork" is silly. I like having multiple forks. But when stuff becomes a burden instead of an asset, time to toss it. In my last place I had a car and so many spare parts for it I had to get a storage unit for it. When I finally cleared that **** out and got rid of the heap it was like a weight was lifted. But on the flip side, I like having more than one coat, or multiple camera lenses that serve different purposes. This minimalist craze is silly IMO.

"Minimalism is not a style, it is an attitude, a way of being. It's a fundamental reaction against noise, visual noise, disorder, vulgarity. Minimalism is the pursuit of the essence of things, not the appearance." Claudio Silvestrin

I think this quote is what I think minimalism is all about. I think it is a personal thing, everyone has their own personal line where clutter begins. I think the whole point is to not unnecessarily complicate everything.

bows1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
I don't understand how there is no appreciation of someone's aesthetic that you are not a party to. Do people really only like the way they dress? I often see guys belonging to one aesthetic giving props to others who share the same but not others. Kind of a bizarre phenomenon.

Only if you are close minded. I give props to scott all the time (IRL not on here) and I don't think I would wear most of it.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I give props to dude above me all the time on his purchase and love goth ninja aesthetic and all my friends that have different style and tell them when they pick up dope ****. being closeminded and solely concentrating and enjoying one aesthetic is just boring as ****.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
hai guyz!

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
hai guyz!

******* kill yourself, you subhuman asshole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads