• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recently made a Hitler-Jugend cut video:

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
And it's just stupid to post it, then say that you "twisted it" (which means it's not even the haircut in question), and then say "be gentle."

I've noticed with a lot of my Asian students that the lack of a similar understanding of european/western history makes for some wildly inappropriate situations. Nice kids with screennames or handles like "jewkiller," constant use of the "n" word, etc.

Just because they dont' "know" it's inappropriate doesn't mean they won't get the **** kicked out of them the second they go around and start trying to get props for their Nazi haircut.

I think he's already a target for that fruity ear sculpture thing he's got... but the "Hey, look at me! I have a Nazi haircut... but it really isn't!" just qualifies him for a Darwin award.

Reminds me of this recent news story...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/1..._n_793013.html

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by masshi
Actually, you know what, *******.

I'm sorry if I offended any of you here. I hate getting into arguments on forums. Leaves me in a bad mood for the rest of the day.

Maybe it's because I've grown up here in the S.F. Bay Area my entire life - the liberal atmosphere here has gotten to me, and I just didn't see anything wrong with the cut.

I'm going to leave the video up, though, because I know a lot of people like the cut not for what its associations are, but simply because of the look of the cut itself and they want to see it in motion.

The haircut itself is not the problem. But ask yourself why it is you want to emulate the hair style of the hitler youth? What appeals to you? Is it just "cute"? Then go and study the history to see if there was anything cute about the hitler youth.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm going to leave the video up, though, because I know a lot of people like the cut not for what its associations are, but simply because of the look of the cut itself and they want to see it in motion.

Good on ya', OP. Just be sure to leave the comments section "open" because I'm sure you'll get a lot of serious and well-meaning comments that support you in this endeavour.

Hartmann

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't even grasp what you're trying to go about here.

I'm AMERICAN. Western history is pretty much all I ever learned about in school. But even then, it's not like you need a super deep understanding of something to know whether something is offensive or not.

And I like how you single out Asian students of yours in particular for being ignorant because, well, I happen to be Asian, too, and I guess we're just all the same in terms of ideaologies, knowledge of certain subjects, thought processes, etc., yeah?

Seriously, other than being of the same race, what was your point there?

Anyway, leave it to guys on SF, of all places, to try to preach political correctness and sensitivity.

You got a $75 dollar bowl cut you attention seeking special flower

Jekyll

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alter
The haircut itself is not the problem. But ask yourself why it is you want to emulate the hair style of the hitler youth? What appeals to you? Is it just "cute"? Then go and study the history to see if there was anything cute about the hitler youth.
eh...idk if the dude's necessarily doing that style because of the hitler youth. it's just that "jugend" is really the only name for that style, at least that i've seen. i mean, like johnny amiga said, variations of that haircut have been around for a while in other contexts. but for whatever reason, there's no real name for it. it's kinda like a morrissey, but it's different enough that you can't call it that.

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why wouldn't you just post, "hey, what do you think of my new haircut" instead of doing what you did. That way you know you won't be offending anyone who had family members murdered by the Nazi's. Just my opinion though.

-LR

sartorialism

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ljrcustom
Why wouldn't you just post, "hey, what do you think of my new haircut" instead of doing what you did. That way you know you won't be offending anyone who had family members murdered by the Nazi's. Just my opinion though. -LR
Gimme a break. The video is offensive (or at least extremely annoying) for so many reasons completely unrelated to the Nazi references. This kid's a freak.
deadhorse-a.gif

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sartorialism
Gimme a break. The video is offensive (or at least extremely annoying) for so many reasons completely unrelated to the Nazi references. This kid's a freak.
deadhorse-a.gif

You might find it annoying, but he did post it in the Health & Body section, which I believe would be the appropriate place. I am not a fan of the OP's haircut or his look for that matter, but what it comes down to me for is how he referenced nazi youth movement as the name of his hair style. I could care less about the rest, who cares if the kid is a little bit different, the OP just needs to learn more about what terms are appropriate and in what context.

-LR

sartorialism

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ljrcustom
You might find it annoying, but he did post it in the Health & Body section, which I believe would be the appropriate place. I am not a fan of the OP's haircut or his look for that matter, but what it comes down to me for is how he referenced nazi youth movement as the name of his hair style. I could care less about the rest, who cares if the kid is a little bit different, the OP just needs to learn more about what terms are appropriate and in what context.

-LR

Seriously? What are you, a liberal?
fight[1].gif

The video made me sick. The way this kid acts, speaks, dresses, and styles his hair make me want to vomit.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I love it when some member does something attention-whorish and stupid, and then when he gets called out on it, plays the victim posture and gets all hurt. What did he expect? "WOW, dude, the Hitler cut is so rad, brah... wow! You should like, ToTALLY do this historical series of cuts, like, I mean, go back in history and recreate all the cool cuts... the Pol Pot Killing Fields Shave, the Stalin Gulag trim, oh... and like ToTALLY the Armenian Genocide mullet."

OP: Grow Up. You obviously wanted this attention, and now you've got it. If you can't take the heat, honey, get out of the kitchen.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love it when some member does something attention-whorish and stupid, and then when he gets called out on it, plays the victim posture and gets all hurt. What did he expect? "WOW, dude, the Hitler cut is so rad, brah... wow! You should like, ToTALLY do this historical series of cuts, like, I mean, go back in history and recreate all the cool cuts... the Pol Pot Killing Fields Shave, the Stalin Gulag trim, oh... and like ToTALLY the Armenian Genocide mullet."

OP: Grow Up. You obviously wanted this attention, and now you've got it. If you can't take the heat, honey, get out of the kitchen.

Bin Laden Beard!

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alter
Bin Laden Beard!
I think the best I could manage would be some Tojo Scruff.
frown.gif

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the best I could manage would be some Tojo Scruff.
frown.gif

You could try the Chiang Kai-shek stubble.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads