• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snowmanxl
this is a good explanation. you and jet should start an advice thread.

on a side note, youll probably still see me boot tuck because that is all within the military aesthetic. so dont be offended when you see a fit pic. i dont want you to think that i have completely ignored your advice. i appreciate it all, really.

edit: yeah i could def see you wearing these unc...the whole thing actually

Of course dude, I'm just giving you some CC since no one else seems to want to. I'm the king of going against proportion rules, I'm 5'5 and wear all cropped everything. Do what makes you happy but within reason that it doesn't look like ****. Unfortunately what makes you happy (boot tuck) is a very polarizing and ****** subject that I hate and will never personally like discussing, it is really dumb. I would love to see your outerwear game brought in with the rest of the fit.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn I would have never known you were 5'5 if you didn't say so. I think this is proof that the pant cuff is done right. Yeah outerwear is tough. I'm not much taller than you at 5'6 pushing 5'7 and I'm drawn to a long coat but I don't want to look short. Also I've never handled any of the pieces I'm eyeing, don't know how warm it is. I'm looking at the fujiwara(blk) or the dbss (grey) in buy and sell and supermarket. Other than that, a luxe varsity would work with the kva stuff.

bows1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snowmanxl
Damn I would have never known you were 5'5 if you didn't say so. I think this is proof that the pant cuff is done right. Yeah outerwear is tough. I'm not much taller than you at 5'6 pushing 5'7 and I'm drawn to a long coat but I don't want to look short. Also I've never handled any of the pieces I'm eyeing, don't know how warm it is. I'm looking at the fujiwara(blk) or the dbss (grey) in buy and sell and supermarket. Other than that, a luxe varsity would work with the kva stuff.

You don't look 5'6 either from your pics.

aether

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
nylon parka, need rain protection
gtpk12624.jpg

who makes it jet? I like it

Bragi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BlackToothedGrin
Don't buy either. Nothing looks worse than cheap leather.

Why cheap leather? because is shine? can you recommend me a good leather jacket?
thank you
smile.gif

BlackToothedGrin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah, the shine and the texture look off. <$300, look at black scissors on ebay for better quality. For $650 look to the temple.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
borrowing another SF'ers pic here. I have been wondering about these jil shoes all season. what do you think? the rounded side panels are the unique feature.

2r3xjjq.jpg

33zcu4o.jpg

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I liked those too but once I tried them on, they are just too bulbous and somewhat wide in the toe. Sole is pretty thick too, thicker than usual. If it were sleeker, it would have been an insta-cop. So with that said, I'd go with no on those.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PinkPantser
Goddamn I am tired of contrast color soles ruining otherwise good looking boots

I vote yes, haha, I actually don't mind them as much, but if you get tired of it you can take some shoe polish to it and color them black to match.

Originally Posted by DLester
borrowing another SF'ers pic here. I have been wondering about these jil shoes all season. what do you think? the rounded side panels are the unique feature.

http://i56.tinypic.com/2r3xjjq.jpg

http://i52.tinypic.com/33zcu4o.jpg

I am not feeling those at all regardless of whether they are Jil. I think you can do better. Save your money IMO.

Since I was unsuccessful in obtaining my MMM hand knit cardigan I posted about in his thread earlier from this season (damn whoever took the brown one in small from Tresbien!), I was looking at this one in the link below. I wasn't feeling the white one most retailers were carrying. What do ya'll think:
http://eboutique.maisonmartinmargiel...H/areaid//sts/

Not sure if the shawl is too overbearing.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Pass on both.

Not really a should I or shouldn't I but just want some opinions on these. Really loving the red leather.
2ufx24y.jpg

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
beautiful. grey/blue jeans/pants yes.s.s.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads