• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
jet, i like the tuck because of the way it breaks up the pant/boot. i hate when i look down and i see my boots sticking out from under the hem(8'' or bigger), reminds me of a bad bootcut jean(although this is exaggerated in my mind).thats why i tuck or keep the hem small. id also consider a short cropped pant (preferably lanvin ribbon) to wear with loafers.

scott why wouldnt these mesh? even if i had some trousers and a button up--like in the pic? or it wouldnt look well on me. not fighting, just asking.

i cant always wear kva, but i do like the dressier/combat side of it. im looking at different options, simple black trousers, no cargos. plain white button ups, no asymmetrical collars. clean dress boots with a sheen to them, not matte

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
800x800.jpg

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
glad to get you in the buying mood.
laugh.gif
edit: hmmm, maybe ill search elsewhere then. this doesnt sound good.

*Tee*

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snowmanxl
looks good, speckled nep is a cool touch.

yay/nay...im almost certain i could pull it off with these(you know what im talking about)

they seem tailored for it

http://neverend.com.au/wp-content/up...11/MG_5247.jpg
http://neverend.com.au/wp-content/up...11/MG_5245.jpg

You need a lot of sex appeal, nice legs and a certain degree of "femininity" to rock this look...

No offense, but if I had to make up a list with SF dudes who should refrain from buying/wearing this your name would definitely appear on it... ( and not at the bottom of the list )

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lols none taken at femininity, i realise i have a very masculine face.
sex appeal on the other hand, im very offended
laugh.gif

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snowmanxl
jet, i like the tuck because of the way it breaks up the pant/boot. i hate when i look down and i see my boots sticking out from under the hem(8'' or bigger), reminds me of a bad bootcut jean(although this is exaggerated in my mind).thats why i tuck or keep the hem small. id also consider a short cropped pant (preferably lanvin ribbon) to wear with loafers.

scott why wouldnt these mesh? even if i had some trousers and a button up--like in the pic? or it wouldnt look well on me. not fighting, just asking.

i cant always wear kva, but i do like the dressier/combat side of it. im looking at different options, simple black trousers, no cargos. plain white button ups, no asymmetrical collars. clean dress boots with a sheen to them, not matte

You need to move away from the tuck and this is completely dissonant from your aesthetic, this is meant for raf head to toe pretty boy dior swag hedi era, you're going for kva new age baggy(ish) steez mixed with military influences, these have 0 place in your wardrobe.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this is a good explanation. you and jet should start an advice thread.

on a side note, youll probably still see me boot tuck because that is all within the military aesthetic. so dont be offended when you see a fit pic. i dont want you to think that i have completely ignored your advice. i appreciate it all, really.

edit: yeah i could def see you wearing these unc...the whole thing actually

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
they don't afaik, get the shorts over the pants

Originally Posted by Synthese
rick owens cropped tux short, tailored swing pants, or tailored swing shorts?
confused.gif
pretty sure I'd look good in all three. Anyone know if LN-CC does a vat discount for US customers?

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they do for canada, you just have to ask and theyll refund it separately.

Bragi

Reaction score
Hi! I'm new.
smile.gif

In your opinion which color is better for these jacket?
What do you think about?
Thank you very much

schermata20101229a15275.jpg

schermata20101229a15281.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads