• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scott.m
I gotta admit, I spend a disgusting sum of money on clothing for my age, I think I am going to buy a lot less clothing in 2011 and start stepping up my lifestyle game, time to start copping that furniture, sculpture, rug swag.
rug... over clothing?....you trippin

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought about doing that, then I realized I don't like owning things. Especially things that are large and difficult to move. Besides my clothing, books, computer, chef's knife and Le Creuset dutch oven, I could easily drop everything I own without much concern.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a massive comic book collection that graduating, moving home, and then moving out made me despise. Not the most baller lifestyle item, but it's pretty great if you like Vertigo titles.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
I gotta admit, I spend a disgusting sum of money on clothing for my age, I think I am going to buy a lot less clothing in 2011 and start stepping up my lifestyle game, time to start copping that furniture, sculpture, rug swag.

fistbump.gif
sup

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You're still quite young aren't you? don't you think you might want to move to the other side of the world when the opportunity arises?

A Fellow Linguist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
I'm not doing super RO, just going for more interesting pieces for legwear. I definitely think i could pull of a ToJ/Tshirt/DRKSHDW/Boots look

Doesn't sound good, bro. drkshdw stuff (jeans, at least) are pretty grungy looking, usually requires similar stuff.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If the opportunity arises for me to move to the other side of the world I would be in a situation where material possessions don't have any actual value and were disposable. I'm 21 years old and I have different priorities. I received a couch from my company and it's probably my most prized posession at this time along with an alpaca throw and some llama wool pillows we make and really it's all beautiful. Makes me want to invest in baller ass furniture and nice art and have a "home" instead of having an apartment.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yah, DRKSHDW washes are too out there as far as jeans goes. You should buy some Attachment ones instead since they are "tamer" for lack of a better word.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
If the opportunity arises for me to move to the other side of the world I would be in a situation where material possessions don't have any actual value and were disposable. I'm 21 years old and I have different priorities. I received a couch from my company and it's probably my most prized posession at this time along with an alpaca throw and some llama wool pillows we make and really it's all beautiful. Makes me want to invest in baller ass furniture and nice art and have a "home" instead of having an apartment.

just kick it indoors or on the patio wearing silk/pashmina/cashmere all day
bigstar[1].gif

A Fellow Linguist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ryanmnguyen
5cm-x-george-cox-creeper-boot-0a.jpg

These are dope, what are they? I've been really into the idea of creepers lately for some reason. I kinda hate the collection, but these creepers from Prada are pretty neat:
7GaVY.jpg

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just don't see the point of living with all Ikea and having nice electronics and nice clothing. Why not invest in nicer sheets and dishware? Gotta step the game up, bro.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil
I thought about doing that, then I realized I don't like owning things. Especially things that are large and difficult to move. Besides my clothing, books, computer, chef's knife and Le Creuset dutch oven, I could easily drop everything I own without much concern.

This is pretty much my ideal scenario, at least, at this stage in my life. I've had to move twice in my life and it's been a HUGE pain ********** because of the absurd quantity of things I own.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just don't see the point of living with all Ikea and having nice electronics and nice clothing. Why not invest in nicer sheets and dishware? Gotta step the game up, bro.

Nicer sheets and other things that add to your personal comfort, I can get with. But I'm good with the type of dishware you'd find at Target and ****; not going to drop jaws, but still nice looking.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score

don't invest in nice dishware, you will break it

i'm in a similar situation, at the same time, i live in a rented apartment and it's not in great shape, some of the wall colors suck, and i'm like do i really feel like spending the time to renovate something that's not even mine?

could do with some rugs and things, but ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads