• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Wine Thread

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano
Theres NO WAY I could ever keep up with this pace.

I'm not so sure I did either.
frown.gif

BC2012

Reaction score
Finished off a bottle of 2005 Poggio Brunello with dinner (pizza). Nothing like a fine brunello to finish off cold pizza. Tomorrow it'll be the 01 Bertani I got for X-Mas.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tattersall
Delamotte gets the grapes in the years they don't produce Salon right?

The '96 was sublime - a very fine wine that was perfectly balanced and the added charm of tight moussy bubbles. Chalky (in a good way) minerality that paired well with the simple fish preparation.

correct on the Delamotte. I've only had the '97 Salon, but I crave the '96. I haven't tried any of the vintage Delamotte, but the MV didn't have any hints to the greatness of Salon.

zhouyu

Reaction score
Dinner with some friends... opened a 1999 Bouchard P&F La Romanee... mmmm oh so gooodd

audiophilia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sonoma Coast/Santa Barbara

2007/2008

Vanilla, Cherry, Oak, Creamy/Cherry, Spice, Smoke, Velvet

$50/$50

Both excellent, but the Sanford continues to be a favourite Pinot and the '08 is no different.

pinot2011a.jpg
pinot2011b.jpg

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Duckhorn 2008 sauvignon blanc to go with a mustard-crusted salmon filet.

One of the 2011 resolutions: cook more at home.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Laer Surtep
I don't drink Champagne but is Krug, Clos d'Ambonnay, 1995 supposed to be a good one? I had some at my friend's house and thought I'd send her a case for her birthday.

Oh hai, Petrus. Subtle of you to use the rarest and most expensive Champs in existence.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Petrus Real! Clever!

Nothing special for New Year's Eve, just some homemade empanadas and two bottles of my favorite Malbec" an 06 and an 07 of the Luigi Bosca Reserva.

Pezzaturra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oneeightyseven

happy nye to me.

Lol, how did you get your hand s on one of these? They are so good, that is why all damn rappers and basketbold playeeeers drunk tham all.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got this on sale last night at Wholefoods for $13.99! Originally it was $24.99. It was really quite nice for the price with lots of warm spice, leather and cherry aromas. The palate was rich and juicy with darker berry flavours, think black cherry and mulberry, with notes of baking spice that lead into a long supple and velvety finish with nice acidity for balance. The grapes were harvested in September of 2009 and were barrel aged for 14 months and limited to just over 1400 cases, which isn't too limited but that's what the label says
laugh.gif

2009 - Grandmaster Pinot Noir, Sonoma Coast

grandmaster-pinot-noir-2009.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads