• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
another cross post from MC - cords are probably a bit too MC for this forum, but as I'm back to work tomorrow it'll be the last casual fit for a few days...

New peacoat (Christmas present from wife):

20110103_main2.jpg

20110103_main.jpg

Peacoat: Barbour 'Hardy'
Cords: Viyella
Sweater: Johnstons of Elgin
Scarf: Linea (House of Frazer)
Cap: unbranded
Boots: Barker 'Harrison'
Bag: Barbour

cowsareforeating

Reaction score
love the bag and i actually like the cords... especially with the boots.

your hands in your pocket make the jacket look funny but w.e
i'm a bit mc too myself but i like it!

cez

Reaction score
Snow, did you tell him what the picture was for? i can not help feeling embarrassed whenever people walk in on me in the middle of a fit-pic photo shoot. i feel ashamed, like they caught me slapping the ham or something.

i like this a lot. the colors work great together. it is one of your better fits but the boot tuck is just not working. actually, i've never it work in any of your fits. are you wearing two separate pieces on the lower half (pants and shorts) or is it one solid piece?

Nice boots too.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by WhoKnewI
Also, Man of Kent, try Left Field jeans. For the price, they can't be beat. I had a pair that I sold off only because I decided to downsize my wardrobe. Otherwise, I would have kept them.
Cheers, and thanks for the other suggestions guys. I've let my casual wardrobe slip over the years. Time to make amends...

Originally Posted by cez
Man of Kent, their is a tavern in upstate NY with the same name. every time you post it makes me want to drink.
That's not a bad thing
smile.gif

Originally Posted by *Tee*
Man of Kent, there is a hardcore troll in SW&D by the name of Kent. every time you post it makes me think you guys are married.

Originally Posted by cez
^

that too
laugh.gif

One wife is enough
laugh.gif

Kentishman on MC would explain why you should be proud to be a Man of Kent rather than a Kentishman (well after he'd stopped spluttering and cursing
wink.gif
)

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cowsareforeating
love the bag and i actually like the cords... especially with the boots.

your hands in your pocket make the jacket look funny but w.e
i'm a bit mc too myself but i like it!

I should have a taken a shot without hands in pockets, but it was cold and I'd left the gloves behind... The coat's far from a snug fit, but I like room for thick sweater etc. under a winter coat.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
Your boots are taking your fit
*ross gellar hand gesture*
down a notch

step up that boot game sir

If you're going for chelseas I think they need a heavier sole with jeans. Jeans fit looks good though.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cez
Snow, did you tell him what the picture was for? i can not help feeling embarrassed whenever people walk in on me in the middle of a fit-pic photo shoot. i feel ashamed, like they caught me slapping the ham or something.

i like this a lot. the colors work great together. it is one of your better fits but the boot tuck is just not working. actually, i've never it work in any of your fits. are you wearing two separate pieces on the lower half (pants and shorts) or is it one solid piece?

Nice boots too.

yeah he knew what he was getting into ahah.
these trousers are interesting, its one peice, gabardine upper and nylon bottoms; makes it look like two pieces, sometimes even three(the huge cargo pocket)
no biggie on the boot tuck(ive got no choice with these pants) but i prob would of tucked anyways
laugh.gif

i saw some taralis boots that are quite nice, and made for tucking

cez

Reaction score
i feel you on the boot tuck. i think it comes down to personal preference. i often do things that looks more bad-ass in my head than they do irl. sometimes i realize it before i walk out the door but usually it is after.
laugh.gif

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
snowman, try to find a well lit area with more natural light. Especially since you wear lots of darker colors its gonna be difficult to make out the individual details.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
god damnit go outside. I think, also, your tops never really match your bottoms.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cez

the wonders of having a girlfriend who also takes pics for the internet

cowsareforeating

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Synthese
god damnit go outside. I think, also, your tops never really match your bottoms.

So you got that whole alpine miklitary look going on with ur bottoms and gloves... and a fred perry shirt? I think the color is fine but the fit and texture are off

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Snow- fit wouldn't be too bad if you had some outerwear on or something. The bottom half looks good.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
damn it I love the MA julius jacket....fugger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads