• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Advice re: "Belvest for Bernini Platinum"

pkiula

Reaction score
On one of the discount online stores, I saw a jaw dropping deal for a Belvest suit (US$ 800) I quite like the look of.

Knowing how highly regarded Belvest is on these forums, I was wondering if there's a catch. So I looked into the details, and it seems the suit was made for "Bernini Platinum", which seems to be a separate store of some kind.

Is this not the real Belvest? Would someone have any insight on how this Belvest may be, or whether it will be a worthy buy? The site reports that the original price would have been "$ 4,985".

Thanks!

LeadSmall3BetAllIN

Reaction score
Bernini Platinum seems to be a store, saw it somewhere before. The suit is probably something like Kiton for Wilkes? Price is great if the retail price is true, what site is this on?

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bernini Platinum is one of those pimpy looking stores you see in the mall. For guys who want to dress like they think Italian mobsters dress. It's a weird store, and they have several levels (assuming Platinum is the top). Some have the signs that say "Real leather shoes, $59" in the front, and others sell more expensive stuff.

Anywhere to see pics of the suit?

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TimelesStyle
Bernini Platinum is one of those pimpy looking stores you see in the mall. For guys who want to dress like they think Italian mobsters dress. It's a weird store, and they have several levels (assuming Platinum is the top). Some have the signs that say "Real leather shoes, $59" in the front, and others sell more expensive stuff.

Anywhere to see pics of the suit?

Probably true. In the San Francisco Bay Area there is a local chain called Barcelino
that features, or featured, Belvest. Their collection shouts " Ugatz"l and looks like it caters
"Paulie Walnuts" or other gentlemen whose mortal remains can be found in luxury car trunks.
Not surprisingly the stores are staffed by unctuous Middle- Eastern types, who are probably
strip-searched when they fly.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ugatz

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LeadSmall3BetAllIN
Bernini Platinum seems to be a store, saw it somewhere before. The suit is probably something like Kiton for Wilkes? Price is great if the retail price is true, what site is this on?

They have one in Vegas in Caesars Palace not the Forum Shops though.

pkiula

Reaction score
Thanks agoldf! Very useful info.

My impression of Belvest has surely gone down after this. Not sure why this forum is so crazy about them.

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pkiula

My impression of Belvest has surely gone down after this. Not sure why this forum is so crazy about them.

Doesn't make the suit any lower quality. Simply adding flashier detailing per the customer's specifications doesn't take away from that. Just disliking Tom Ford's styling, for example, would be a terrible reason to stop buying Zegna suits (they manufacture suits for TF).

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pkiula

Belvest makes superb quality clothing which I would rank at or above Isaia.
I own both. However, they manufacture for many retailers to the shop's
specifications. So if the shops are purveyors of "bad taste", Belvest makes
high quality clothing in bad taste. In San Francisco not only does Barcelino
carry Belvest, but Wilkes Bashford does as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads