• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Samurai lovers

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone have both naked and famous weird guys and samurai 700xx? what sizes do you wear in both? i've got 30's in weird guys and am looking for accurate sizing in sam's

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jaychiz
anyone have both naked and famous weird guys and samurai 700xx? what sizes do you wear in both? i've got 30's in weird guys and am looking for accurate sizing in sam's

I'm assuming you mean the 710, Samurai doesn't have a 700 model. If you are a 30 in Weird Guys, you will probably be a 32 in the 710, depending on how the Weird Guys fit you right now and how you want the Sams to fit. Be aware that the 710 is a looser cut than the Weird Guys, my sizing advice is based on getting the waist to fit you properly. If you want to size down for a slimmer fit, that should be difficult but possible.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jaychiz
yup. what commodore said. you will be a 31 or 32 depending on the fit you want. what i would do is measure your n&f wgs (assuming you like the fit - and using the big method) and use that as a starting point. a size 31 710xx raw will measure ~ 32" in the waist. if you do a cold wash they will shrink down to a 31 in the waist. if you do a hot wash you can get them down to 30.5-30.75 in the waist. you will get anywhere from 1" to 1.5" in stretching once they settle. so, say you go with a size 31 and you do a hot wash they will likely rest at 32" - 32.25" inch in the waist after they rest and you stretch them out. rarely will you find your samurai's to stretch beyond their raw measurement (unless you really went down several sizes) so keep that in mind as well. in both of my pairs i got about 1/2 shrinkage in all of the other areas except the inseam and waist. you need to pay special attention to the upper-thigh measurement on the 710xx too. have fun and enjoy ... the 710xx is one of the most amazing jeans your ass will ever be in.

phaseshift

Reaction score
anyone know where to cop some samurais here in socal?

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by phaseshift
no, but you can in nyc and they will have your order to you in two days! all of my stuff comes in exactly two days from my order but im this ******* utah **** hole.

phaseshift

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
no, but you can in nyc and they will have your order to you in two days! all of my stuff comes in exactly two days from my order but im this ******* utah **** hole.

lol my LL Beans were late 2 days because Utah had some ****** weather! Well then if that's the case, I will be making a trip to NYC this year sometime

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
lol my LL Beans were late 2 days because Utah had some ****** weather! Well then if that's the case, I will be making a trip to NYC this year sometime
lol, it must have been recently. the past two days have made me suicidal here. its freezing cold and there is **** high snow everywhere. its a joke. people wearing magic underwear, its freezing cold, and snow everywhere ... its the time of my life!

phaseshift

Reaction score
lol, it must have been recently. the past two days have made me suicidal here. its freezing cold and there is **** high snow everywhere. its a joke. people wearing magic underwear, its freezing cold, and snow everywhere ... its the time of my life!

it's been raining here too, I love it when it rains in So Cal, that's when the peacoat comes out and puts the new LL Beans to use. Wish it snowed here...then again i've never experienced snow which leads me to believe that I would wear the magic underwear too haha

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There is only one retailer for Samurai in the US, and like whatever123 said, they are in NYC. I'm sure there are some people in SoCal willing to sell you a pair at a lower-than-retail price if you don't mind pre-owned denim, though.

it's been raining here too, I love it when it rains in So Cal, that's when the peacoat comes out and puts the new LL Beans to use. Wish it snowed here...then again i've never experienced snow which leads me to believe that I would wear the magic underwear too haha

Trust me, if you've lived where it snows before, you wouldn't be saying that. Snow is the thing I miss least about living in NYC, and we didn't even get much there.

beautiful_FrEaK

Reaction score
Fit pics of my new S500JX-LR after one day of wear
030111.jpg

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

these people wear the magic underwear year round man. they love the **** here.

madmadigan

Reaction score
Could someone help clarify something for me, what's the difference between these three cuts.

S5000

S0500

S510

If I found the S0500 to be to low rise for me, would I like the S5000, or is the rise similar, and I should go with S510/Regular Straight Fit.

Thanks for the help!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads