• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

*Tee*

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by halisray
APC New Standards or APC Petit Standards?
Depends on your body type... PS looks best on me. ( Especially due to the lower rise, which balances out my proportions; i.e. long legs + short torso )

*Tee*

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by *Tee*
I love Acne jeans ( the 'Max' and 'Roc' cut at least ), have always been skeptical towards most of their other stuff, though. Especially the high-priced outerwear I've handled in person so far was pretty disappointing...

Does anyone have experience with their leathers ?

YAY or NAY at 50% off ?

ACNE 'SUPER' SHEARLING MC-AVIATOR SUEDE JACKET

W6LWq.jpg

qzNmS.jpg

Anyone ?

sh0ebox

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil
Going to get some black overdye jeans, so:

1. Acne Max Cash

or

2. Naked & Famous Skinny Guy Black Stretch

Leaning slightly toward the N&F due to the longer inseam, but not sure quite yet. Another other recommendations would be good.

Originally Posted by *Tee*
3. Acne Max Wet On Black

http://shop.acnestudios.com/catalog/...wet-on-black/#

Both of them will look pretty much identical in terms of the wash and they actually might fit quite similarly if you size them correctly (size up on N&F). The N&F ones are a little bit more rigid if I remember correctly, though, so they might not be as comfortable as the Acnes, though neither of them are particularly soft due to the nature of the treatment.

I must say I'm liking those Wet on Blacks that Tee posted, though.

ryannn

Reaction score
While on the topic of Acne Max Cash, are they sized like Diors 19cm / 17.5cm (washed pairs)?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
nylon parka, need rain protection
gtpk12624.jpg

*Tee*

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ryanmnguyen
While on the topic of Acne Max Cash, are they sized like Diors 19cm / 17.5cm (washed pairs)?
I'm a 30 in my Cashs, a 30 in all washed 19cm Diors I've tried so far, a 31 in 17.5cm Nightfalls and somewhere in between a 29-30 in Dior 19cm MIJ Raws. ( I'd need a 29.5 for an ideal pre-stretch fit )

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
^^ what happened to the MHL ?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vaio
I think we're rained out here in southern california jet.
smile.gif

only the beginning raining again for the next couple of days

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, unless you want to drop money on something that looks cheap, when it really isn't...

chinoguy

Reaction score
If you purchase it, definitely don't wear it this way. I hate the contrast between the bulky upper part and the skinny bottom.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads