• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iroh
If you are running to lose weight, then why not just eat less food and not run at all, instead of eating the food and running off the weight. The first option saves you money from buying less food, and time, by not having to spend it running.

Fascinating. Elucidate.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
IMG_1900.jpg

"Running in the winter." This picture says it all.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by clarinetplayer

Nice conditions for me!

Ive just been a bum and gotten over the chest cold.
Tomorrow I hit the trails again with some new kicks and a fire in my belly....

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by clarinetplayer

Gonna go out again today, hopefully it will be clearer with the temps staying high and the rain we've had all night.

There was so much debris in the edges of that stuff, kicked up from the water...had to watch out for needles...
frown.gif

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger

There was so much debris in the edges of that stuff, kicked up from the water...had to watch out for needles...
frown.gif

Now there's a running road hazard one doesn't hear about much..
laugh.gif

Scrumhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iroh
If you are running to lose weight, then why not just eat less food and not run at all, instead of eating the food and running off the weight. The first option saves you money from buying less food, and time, by not having to spend it running.

How about eating less food AND running? You know running is good for C/V health too, not just losing weight, don't you?

If you have a zombie invasion tomorrow, are you going to have the ability to punch a zombie in the face, run without getting tired, swim and scale a wall to get away, or are you going to be zombie bait. See zombiefitness.com for a light-hearted and yet very good take on functional fitness.

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
6.11 miles in 53:43 (avg. 8:47 min/mi)

Today's shuffle playlist:

The Black Crowes - "Custard Pie [Live]"
Radiohead - "Polyethelene, Pts. 1-2"
Peter Gabriel - "Digging in the Dirt"
Alice in Chains - "Angry Chair"
Jane's Addiction - "Ocean Size"
John Lennon - "Imagine"
Jimi Hendrix - "Voodoo Child (Slight Return)"
David Gilmour - "Echoes [Live]"

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
4 miles with my Dad. Took it easy on the old guy.
NYR, where are you in BK? Should jog sometime.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by about11oclock

I'm way down in BayRidge...but I do a Brooklyn Bridge run when the weather gets better...I'll message you when I have one planned. Up through Broadway sometimes to the Park, sometimes to 42nd, sometimes to Union Square...depends on my fitness.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by about11oclock

Oh wait, just saw your location as "too close" to WB...lol, thats good. Maybe you are close to me then.

Modern Day Adonis

Reaction score
1/2/2011 - Feels weird writing 2011 in my running log...13 in 84:36. Felt surprisingly good after Friday's hill workout; weather sucked and could have done without the 15mph winds. Oh to be back at school.

NYR - That's a ridiculous amount of trash. Despite the trash, those are some sweet pictures/skylines.

ImaPro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ran yesturday for about 15 min in the snow. Its ******* comfortable once you arent cold anymore.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads