• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Socks you never knew existed but now desperately need

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i prefer my footlocker black crew socks and the on sale jcrew thick mountaineering socks. also have pairs of thick athletic socks you can find at costco (white) super comfy. the footlocker socks hold up pretty well but looking for better quality should check out REI

einfallsloserName123

Reaction score
I got Falke socks for christmas, best socks I ever had.
biggrin.gif

They also have a nice online shop -> www.falke.com

bakatora

Reaction score
^ wish they US delivery :<

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have used gold toe since I can remember, several here look really nice and interesting so will have to try some different **** now I guess.

dinogj

Reaction score
I swear by these grey rag boot socks from costco. 9 bucks for 3 pairs and they keep me toasty when the temperatures go subzero on me. Not quite hanes, but close =P

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score

bakatora

Reaction score
^ thanks jet, i actually ordered from there before.. took like 3 months to get my socks. .
ffffuuuu.gif

that's why i was disappointed at the loss of a new source.
confused.gif

scotsman

Reaction score
Received a few pairs of Corgi socks for Christmas. Very colorful. Nice socks.

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With the onset of spring, I thought I'd give this thread a bump.

What socks do you guys wear during the summer, especially if you prefer the no-show look with your sneakers / shoes? I've been looking for a while now, but can never seem to find quality socks that actually don't show.

Any webstores to purchase quality socks from?
smile.gif

dinogj

Reaction score
Dont laugh, but I usually just go to the womens section and get the no-show socks in the "nude" color if I want to go "sockless". The only trouble is finding them in a size that doesnt kill my feets circulation. Also Banana Republic sold some mens "sockless" socks awhile back, but I havent seen them in awhile.

chenzhongbi

Reaction score
I bought a pair of "loafer socks" from J.crew. Haven't tried them on yet.

Mirrorball

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jslade
With the onset of spring, I thought I'd give this thread a bump.

What socks do you guys wear during the summer, especially if you prefer the no-show look with your sneakers / shoes? I've been looking for a while now, but can never seem to find quality socks that actually don't show.

Any webstores to purchase quality socks from?
smile.gif

http://www.moccsocks.com/

Got 10 pairs of these recently. Great quality and they are completlely 100% no show.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yo guys. I need a reco for some solid gray and black med-weight casual socks for boots and sneakers. i.e. not super expensive dress socks. Any ideas?

Help me Styleforum. I don't want to go to Macy's and searching for socks on the internet is scary.

Last edited:

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Yo guys. I need a reco for some solid gray and black med-weight casual socks for boots and sneakers. i.e. not super expensive dress socks. Any ideas? 

Help me Styleforum. I don't want to go to Macy's and searching for socks on the internet is scary. 

Hm, they're not short like those, but Anonymous Ism has some grey/ white ones this season.

https://www.eastdane.com/slub-crew-...1/1558130860.htm?folderID=20262&colorId=10192

Here's a grey and black one, but with white and red stripes at the top

http://needsupply.com/low-guage-hig...TXvLzn41jgTT9KB8jgeO5Sv9r6iGi5Lb_XRoCeSfw_wcB

You can sometimes find them for cheaper on Rakuten, but the pricing only really works out if you buy a bunch at a time (cause of shipping costs).

FWIW, I've been wearing them this past year and really like them. The touch of polyester helps them stay up on the calf.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Parker, wigwam?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads