• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamesgatz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As an aside, I cannot help thinking how suits are often better than SCs. Many at SF seem to prefer odd jackets, perhaps because their (sartorial) versatility and layering possibilities. Yet outside casual fridays, odd jackets don't get much use: too casual for many offices or / and professions and yet too formal for regular weekend activities (while being too informal for festive Saturday dinners), they fall somewhere into the sartorial no-man's land. In this contest, too, suits were winners for me.

So many great shots it's next to impossible to choose a clear winner. For me it's yfyf for the best combination (blue shirt, brown tie etc.), NOBD for the best pics, and Spoo's three-piece for the sheer in-your-face stylishness.

c_bourgeois

Reaction score
Originally Posted by The_Foxx
true, but pinstripes also kick ass in most any situation--

pinstripes can look a bit mafioso.
especially black stripes on white.
but that may be exactly what some men want.

c_bourgeois

Reaction score
Originally Posted by The_Foxx
new year's eve (our digital camera appears to be from the future), decided to go with a suit instead of the tuxedo to see a jazz show and drink/ revel a little.

newly purchased navy and french blue Thurston braces, after seeing these in an issue of The Rake mag:

if these suspenders are made of the same material as some I once bought, I would avoid them.

The fabric shreds after about 3 wearings.

Jamesgatz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by c_bourgeois
if these suspenders are made of the same material as some I once bought, I would avoid them.

The fabric shreds after about 3 wearings.

Mr. c_bourgeois: to avoid making an ass of yourself, lurk around the board for a few months to learn a bit before commenting (necroposting is not appreciated, Thurston braces do not fall to pieces after three wearings unless you wear them to a cage-fight or the like).

tshaw

Reaction score
Happy New Year, Gentlemen!!! May you all have a great, safe, happy and healthy new year!! Here's to you!

Tom
worship.gif
worship.gif
worship.gif

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
NOBD sick

Thanks, NYR. I like your DB outfit with the light blue shirt and washed jeans; looks young and fresh. Have you tried something like this with your grey fresco jacket (if I remember correctly)? I think you should go tie-less more often...

Originally Posted by artoftime
Brilliant!

Thanks, AoT. Appreciate it.

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words, gentlemen, and Happy New Year!

Originally Posted by spitfirees20
This looks great. I really, really dig SB Peak Lapel suits, but nobody seems to wear them. Who makes this one?

Thanks, the suit is Versace.

Originally Posted by MBreinin
Looking good, TC. Good to see the real you make a comeback!

Mike

Thanks, man. Your NYE fit was perhaps the best I've seen from you. Suit fits great.

Originally Posted by teddieriley
You be rocking it TC! Are those self-colored stripes?

Thanks. Tonal stripes, yes.

Originally Posted by Phat Guido
- well said & time you got a hair cut Dad

Just got one!

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrDaniels
Well as luck would have it, this look also happens to be your personal style personified. Absolutely well done. Previous Fabio jokes aside, your hair looks great...though I am not sure it works for a well-suited attorney...unless you are looking to star in a Disney remake?

http://image.allmusic.com/00/adg/cov...72039uq7ef.jpg

Thanks. LOL It's looking a lot messier than usual because it was so windy up on the roof. It works fine for me, I've only ever received positive remarks from clients, but those tend to be pretty cool guys.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TC (Houston)
I've only ever received positive remarks from clients, but those tend to be shady mob type guys and crooked investment bankers.

FTFY
smile.gif

mmkn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TTO
deet's?
-TTO

^ Thank you.

This one was cut and made by Mr. Green's and his resident master tailor, Mr. Rafael Tumalle.

- M

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
Thanks, HF. I know there is a stigma against buttoning a 6x2 as a 6x1...

Like most things, it's a question of doing it right. The right jacket, on the right person. It works brilliantly with that jacket, on you.

I'm really impressed that so many of the contestants went with looks that demonstrate their personal style rather than what would draw the most votes...

That should be what a board like SF is all about!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

So . . . you got 100% TC today...
Very cool. Especially the hair. I actually always wanted to grow my hair, but mine is too thin for it to look good.

Originally Posted by gnatty8
This was probably my own favorite from 2010...

A worthy choice. Looks good, and interesting too.

Originally Posted by artoftime
Looking great HF - you've got quite the range of fits...I especially covet your overcoats.

Thanks! I really enjoy wearing overcoats; it takes quite some willpower to resist adding more. I found two earlier this year that I liked a lot, but I just don't have any more room for clothes. I refuse to add more storage space; the space limit is a useful practical boost to resisting the urge to add more!
smile.gif

Hope everyone is enjoying New Year's Day, and not nursing too painful a hangover.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

5310757128_c03b7d851d_b.jpg

This is worth a re-quote. A handsomely tailored suit. Much to admire.

Cheers, Peace, and a Happy New Year to all.

elgreco

Reaction score
Why wouldn't Hermes take my special order?
168617_796739390764_5302294_43371513_3628451_n.jpg

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy New Year everyone.

I'm not going to attempt to catch up on the past few weeks but my New Year's resolution is to try and post more regularly!

New Year's day walk:

20110101_closed.jpg

20110101_open.jpg

20110101_detail.jpg

Shoes: Barker 'Nairn'
Jeans: Levi 501
Flannel shirt: Uniqlo
Waxed Jacket: Barbour 'Trooper'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads