• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Thats just awesome.

Originally Posted by yfyf
+1

Originally Posted by UrbanComposition
I like your 80's pic better
laugh.gif
Awesome gif, and great suit.

Originally Posted by Holdfast
Love the animated gif; great outfit too!

Thanks, gentlemen.

cigarsmoke

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
My choice for my personal best for 2010 - it pretty much summed up what my style has evolved this year to be.
81483e77.jpg

7a2f5ca4.jpg

7cfc4375.jpg

and for sartorial evolution purposes, this was the first fit I ever posted:
DSC00668.jpg

...and the first fit I posted for 2010 this past January:
DSC00953.jpg

mid-year post from June :
DSC04946.jpg

mistakes were clearly made LOL
b861b7c7.jpg

f130507f.jpg

1fc34d0b.jpg

97445c14.jpg

04a7a480.jpg

38637093.jpg

b53ca1f8.jpg

and also had some good moments along the way :
DSC06609_2.jpg

28811323.jpg

33ef6881.jpg

aa4d347e.jpg

6ba29a50.jpg

9b472d80.jpg

158df203.jpg

bbda2bf2.jpg

23891853.jpg

...so, thanks WAYWRN and SF for a great 2010 - heres to another great year in '11!

Remarkable evolution in style. A masters class in elegance and fit. Thanks for sharing.

clintonf

Reaction score
Nice to put an outfit to the name! Good to have you posting in the thread. In that same vein, I defaulted to my personal stylistic choices for my entry to the competition. It is actually from today, worn to go out to lunch with a friend earlier and pretty much hits my default style. MC elements but with some eccentric/flashy non-SF elements, and some non-SF aspects of fit/proportion (such as a slightly longer jacket, somewhat fuller trousers, and not showing as much cuff). I'm happy with it as my entry, representing my personal style:
dec31006.jpg
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!​
Hey C, many thanks for the acknowledgement. I have admired your looks since joining AAAC and here and I have wondered what it would take to be able to dress like that. I hope one day to be as consistent as you (and many of the others on here). I've a set of pictures to post up before midnight and then I'll have a proper think about whether to continue posting next year (tomorrow). Thanks again Clint P.S. A special shout out to Nord and that football gif. "Excellent" in the one word that springs to my mind.

tshaw

Reaction score
My choice for my personal best for 2010 - it pretty much summed up what my style has evolved this year to be.

Dear Spoo - When can I come visit and stand in your closet and be surrounded by such beauty??
worship.gif
worship.gif
worship.gif

Happy New Year, gentlemen - tux evening, went and picked up new vest/bowtie outfit for tonight's champagne celebration! YAY!!!

Tom

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wildcard entry.

I have decided that I like this suit better rolled long. I think it elongates my torso and I like the way it fits better. This shot is from today, back from the tailor after I had it shortened a little and the waist let out a bit more.

I am sorry for the late entry, my internet has been down all day.

I want to say that I have really enjoyed this year on SF and I think I have moved in a better direction, with the assistance of my fellow iGents and their advice.

I look forward to a great 2011, and thank you, everyone who voted me into this Challenge. I have given my best effort every time and I think the Challenges have been great fun and added an exciting element to WAYWRN.

Happy New Year everyone!!!

Mike

WildCard-1.JPG

WildCard-2.JPG

WildCard-3.JPG

TTO

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

New Suit, 3 role 2 dark navy with faint gray chalk stripes, worsted flannel, Turn Back Cuffs.
Horizontal striped shirt
Gray birdseye double breasted waistcoat.

Enjoy your evening folks, I'm back to work for the rest of the night, so remember guys, Tip your BarMan!!
fistbump.gif

-TTO

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
I have decided that I like this suit better rolled long. I think it elongates my torso and I like the way it fits better. This is after I had it shortened a little.

It looks much better on you this way. Nice one.

Originally Posted by TTO

Very good indeed. Liking the DB grey waistcoat under a navy suit. It's something I do occasionally too; the contrast makes for a nice point of interest, I think.

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone else save images from this thread. I have a few hundred saved.

Redwoood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wildcard entry.

I have decided that I like this suit better rolled long. I think it elongates my torso and I like the way it fits better. This is after I had it shortened a little.
[...]

Not sure what it looked like before, but this is an outstanding DB, very nice.

clintonf

Reaction score
MBreinin
+1 I think that this looks smashing on you. A fitting end to 2010. Well done. TTO
Very good indeed. Liking the DB grey waistcoat under a navy suit. It's something I do occasionally too; the contrast makes for a nice point of interest, I think.
Nice look. My last outfit for 2010. The pictures aren't brilliant, but I hope that you get the gist. Happy New Year.
Pic5.jpg
Pic6.jpg
Pic7.jpg
Cheers Clint

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cigarsmoke
Remarkable evolution in style. A masters class in elegance and fit. Thanks for sharing.

twice...
ffffuuuu.gif

NOBD sick

UC don't think I commented but I cursed you yesterday when I realized it was you who got that suit. Looks great on you, esp the pants.

Spoo love that three piece...holy **** thats a lot of pics...I thought my SW&D entry was bad for the amount...lol

TTO The suit is excellent but the waistcoat takes it to a new level...awesome man...where'd you kop?

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TTO

New Suit, 3 role 2 dark navy with faint gray chalk stripes, worsted flannel, Turn Back Cuffs.
Horizontal striped shirt
Gray birdseye double breasted waistcoat.

Enjoy your evening folks, I'm back to work for the rest of the night, so remember guys, Tip your BarMan!!
-TTO

Looking good, brother!

Thanks, HF. I know there is a stigma against buttoning a 6x2 as a 6x1, but I took Flusser and PG's advice and I much prefer it like this. I think it instantly added inches to my height and reduced the top heavy boxiness that came with going true 6x2. I may even have a second button added inside for better buttoning.

Originally Posted by Rugger
Anyone else save images from this thread. I have a few hundred saved.

Of course!

Originally Posted by Redwoood
Not sure what it looked like before, but this is an outstanding DB, very nice.

Thank you. It looked good before, it looks better now IMHO.

Mike[/url]

srivats

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wildcard entry.

I have decided that I like this suit better rolled long. I think it elongates my torso and I like the way it fits better. This shot is from today, back from the tailor after I had it shortened a little and the waist let out a bit more.

I am sorry for the late entry, my internet has been down all day.

I want to say that I have really enjoyed this year on SF and I think I have moved in a better direction, with the assistance of my fellow iGents and their advice.

I look forward to a great 2011, and thank you, everyone who voted me into this Challenge. I have given my best effort every time and I think the Challenges have been great fun and added an exciting element to WAYWRN.

Happy New Year everyone!!!

Mike

WildCard-1.JPG

Mike, this fit is just awesome. The rolled-long buttoning point gives much better proportions, and your relaxed pose makes everything look MUCH better. This entry is a very strong contestant for my vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads