• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Burning Man

XeF4

Reaction score
Anybody ever go to it?

Does it suck or is it fun? I don't do drugs(aside from drink) btw.

XeF4

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cotillion
Then why would you go to Burning Man?
Just to see what its like pretty much. I have heard people tell stories about live changing relevations etc and have also heard that its just a bunch of hippies smoking pot and burning **** out in the middle of bum-**** egypt.

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you think it might be fun to do, then do it. Lots of groups preparing in the months beforehand, so that's a good time to find a similarly-minded crew. At worst, you go and don't like it, then you can scratch it off the list.

Cotillion

Reaction score
Originally Posted by XeF4
Just to see what its like pretty much. I have heard people tell stories about live changing relevations etc and have also heard that its just a bunch of hippies smoking pot and burning **** out in the middle of bum-**** egypt.

What kind of drugs were the people on who said they had life changing revelations?

JohnEnglish

Reaction score
Originally Posted by XeF4
Anybody ever go to it?

Does it suck or is it fun? I don't do drugs(aside from drink) btw.

If you don't do lots of drugs then there's no point in going.

Burning Man Highlights

- lot's of drugs
- "experimental economy" (i.e. no money, you need to barter or make anything you need)
- hanging out with spaced out hippies in the desert for a few days
- lots of naked people walking around

slycedbred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JohnEnglish
If you don't do lots of drugs then there's no point in going.

False.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cotillion
What kind of drugs were the people on who said they had life changing revelations?

and what did they do after the life changing revelation? Change their lives or continue to toke up in their parents' basement?

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Don't ******** with anyone at Burning Man unless you want to live out the title of the event literally.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Don Carlos
Don't ******** with anyone at Burning Man unless you want to live out the title of the event literally.
Burning Manhood.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads