• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Multiple bachelor parties?

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is an offshoot from the wedding thread.

I have a few groups of friends, and they have nothing to do with one another. While I know they might get along, I'd rather have separate parties so I can have the most fun with them. Different groups of friends have different dynamics, jokes etc...

I have one group that will want to go to Vegas, rent a penthouse and probably do something that results in the near death of some poor prostitute (kidding, but you get the idea). Then I have other who will want to go to a 3 star restaurant and get civilly drunk at a nice bar after. You get the picture. I think one big party would be fun, but might always be weird because inevitably I'll have to divide my time, and even though they'll all be good sports, you won't get the most out of it.

Rathbone

Reaction score
Perfectly acceptable, i think.

Not quite the same circumstances, but a buddy of mine is getting married this April and we've been having small scale bachelor parties every month since, well, last April. It's for much the same reasons, allowing for a greater range of events and parties for those of different interests or time and money allowances, etc. Of course, twelve parties might seem a little excessive (because it is) but there's certainly nothing wrong with catering to individuals.

That might seem strange to some, considering it's YOUR party to celebrate YOUR marriage, but it's nice to make sure that everyone you care about has just as nice a time and isn't too far out of their element. For instance, i might like being squeezed between two sets of stripper ****, but my pal's father might not so much.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Yeah, mixing two completely different spheres of friends can get dicey. Two people, each that you find hilarious and fun to be around separately, can often times fall flat if you combine them in a social situation. It's like the Seinfeld episode where George meets Jerry's summer camp friend. I think the summer camp friend ends up digging a whole in Central Park because Jerry doesn't like the monstrous shagging-wagon van he tries to sell Jerry.

Johdus Fanfoozal

Reaction score
I had two.

The first involved just my best man, my dad and I downing beers and porterhouses at Peter Luger's.

The second was pretty much the same with a bunch of friends at a steakhouse in Hoboken.

Subdued, but memorable.

My best man didn't really know my other friends (a tight-knit group that used to work together), lives in a different state, could only get down here on certain dates. So it all worked out.

Fraiche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can see my bachelor party already. It's going to involve Vegas for sure but not the usual agenda.

Gonna have to go to work on the poker tables to make back some of that cash.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
This is an offshoot from the wedding thread. I have a few groups of friends, and they have nothing to do with one another. While I know they might get along, I'd rather have separate parties so I can have the most fun with them. Different groups of friends have different dynamics, jokes etc... I have one group that will want to go to Vegas, rent a penthouse and probably do something that results in the near death of some poor prostitute (kidding, but you get the idea). Then I have other who will want to go to a 3 star restaurant and get civilly drunk at a nice bar after. You get the picture. I think one big party would be fun, but might always be weird because inevitably I'll have to divide my time, and even though they'll all be good sports, you won't get the most out of it.
I like the way you think. I am on my three hundredth bachelor party, and am yet to find a fiance. But when I do, I will be ill prepared for marriage, but a finely honed bachelor party machine. FWIW, it's the quiet ones you have to watch. You go hookerslayin' it'll be the Michelin Star Restaurant Guys who cut loosest. All that repression mixed with some decent blow and a few strippers.....

clubbyjones

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt
FWIW, it's the quiet ones you have to watch. You go hookerslayin' it'll be the Michelin Star Restaurant Guys who cut loosest. All that repression mixed with some decent blow and a few strippers.....

++

The loud, obnoxious guys do the same things on their batchelor party that they are going to do when they are married. The quiet ones, on the other hand, really let loose for once.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by clubbyjones
++

The loud, obnoxious guys do the same things on their batchelor party that they are going to do when they are married. The quiet ones, on the other hand, really let loose for once.

+1... I'm really worried about what some of my Japanese friends are going to do. I'm going to have to buy some bleach and a few shovels... I just know it.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
so why not bundle it then? If the conservative crowd is agreed to be just as rowdy as the rowdy crowd, what's the harm in putting it all together.

Just remember...the key to the bachelor party is loading the DAY up with childish boy fun. This is part about the fun (cos ****, it is fun) but mostly about making sure everyone has stories and ever-so-slightly NSFW photos to show when they get home. Then, when the night comes and debauchery ensues, you can say 'oh, just dinner and a bar' and get back to talking about how Steve and Mike stole the golf carts from two old ladies and rolled one on the third fairway.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just don't do anything in front of future in-laws you wouldn't want the future Mrs to know about, no matter how cool you think they are.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yes, multiple is the way to go.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Both my wife and I had two groups of friends in two different states, so we both ended up having parties in both states. It worked out nicely, especially since some of the people didn't get to make it to the wedding. Also got to see how our different groups of friends approached the event. I didn't do anything crazy, wouldn't even have been particularly memorable except for the people. But I enjoyed it, it was a good part of the whole wedding experience.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads