• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bally made in switzerland quality?

agoldf

Reaction score
I found a pair for around $100, retail was $400+, are they any good?
Thanks.

xcontext

Reaction score
I have several shoes that are pretty good quality. I also have a messenger bag I abused for years and is holding up well.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by agoldf
Thanks.

Average at best. Now the Scribe line from Bally is high-end quality.

mrtef3

Reaction score
Originally Posted by agoldf
Thanks.

I've got a pair of double-monks (Made in Switzerland) that are holding up great and get me a shatload of compliments (unsolicited).

Icehawk

Reaction score
I was pretty bummed when I came across a pair of their loafers in deerskin (OMG so soft!) that were like 1/4 size too small, the only pair of decent shoes I've ever seen in this NMLC location so far too
frown.gif

uhurit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
good quality on par with italian "fashion" brands...hence, a relatively short life-span

Twotone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've had a pair of Bally Swiss-made loafers for over 12 years. Purchased from a long-gone Bally boutique here in Denver. They've held up great and still look like new. Many heels and soles later, they are still one of my most comfortable and stylish shoe. Current Bally mainline quality is not what it used to be. I'd like to see the Scribe line in person.

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I spotted some Ballys in the sale. They weren't Scribe but they had the fancy handwriting on the inside exactly the same as Scribe.

Chanelled soles etc. Retail of £500 on sale at 50% off - anyone seen this line before?

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Twotone
I've had a pair of Bally Swiss-made loafers for over 12 years. Purchased from a long-gone Bally boutique here in Denver. They've held up great and still look like new. Many heels and soles later, they are still one of my most comfortable and stylish shoe. Current Bally mainline quality is not what it used to be. I'd like to see the Scribe line in person.

I have sneakers over 12 years old, doesn't mean they are good quality.

Bally will be on par with the glued Italian fashion brands like Ferragamo Studio line, etc.

gyalos

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
mainline bally shoes and loafers are decent. not worth 395 but go ahead and buy them at 150 or less.

bally scribe is another story though , iam tempted to buy one at full retail 795 their wingtip black leather one. so sweet.

The black scribe wingtip is really impressive.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads