• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTukker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Archivist
It's not running. Does anyone have any recommendations for watch repair in San Francisco for this sort of thing? I realize that this is not a particularly valuable watch, but it has quite a lot of sentimental value to me.

Quite the opposite; this is a very valuable watch. Not sure it gets much better than that; better make sure you get a top notch repair guy touching that.

bpanicola

Reaction score
Originally Posted by vbuskirk
Good to see you here Barry!

Hey Chris
cheers.gif

I see we have more than watches in common.

bpanicola

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dexx
Graz on the Kingston. I am envious, such a beauty.

Thanks. I am a plank owner and in on the forum design of this watch, I waited 2 years for it, but Bill did an excellent job on it.

Here are more pictures.

csc0136.jpg

dsc0037xm.jpg

csc0214s.jpg

csc0209.jpg

csc0199.jpg

csc0211.jpg

csc0215.jpg

csc02100.jpg

bpanicola

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jhcam8
^^ Nice collection!

Thanks, I have a few others that I will drop in and post.
sarcasm.gif

I am in a consolidation mode as of late
smile.gif

bpanicola

Reaction score
Originally Posted by WhoKnewI
Love the Kingston.

Also, does that crystal come standard on the sea-dweller?

Thanks.

Yes that is the standard crystal.

The crystal on the Seadweller (16600) is thicker than on the date Submariner (16610) or the no date sub (14060). That is one of the changes made to gain the 1,220 meter water resistance vs 300 meter on the others.

bhall41

Reaction score
Here are a couple of photos of the Grand Seiko SBGR051,which I own. These are not my pics, sorry. I will try and post some of my own in the New Year, together with pics of some of my other watches. The Seiko is my usual work watch, which I wear with a suit.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Elgin pocket watch
That is a gorgeous piece. Why not try taking it around to some of the high end jewelry/watch shops in the area and see what they tell you? I know a jewelry store in the mall here has a watch guy who worked and trained in Switzerland for 25 years and is very highly recommended.

Archivist

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lonneker
Quite the opposite; this is a very valuable watch. Not sure it gets much better than that; better make sure you get a top notch repair guy touching that.

Originally Posted by atila
Nice pocket watch, in regards to your question:

http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc...rancisco%2C+CA

Originally Posted by Rambo
That is a gorgeous piece. Why not try taking it around to some of the high end jewelry/watch shops in the area and see what they tell you? I know a jewelry store in the mall here has a watch guy who worked and trained in Switzerland for 25 years and is very highly recommended.

Thank you for the kind comment and suggestions.

NH_Clark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beautiful! Work of art. I'd recommend looking into your local NAWCC to see if there is a watch repairer who specializes in that mfg/type. Looks like this is the SF branch member listing: http://www.sfchapter5.org/Member%20I...ion%20List.htm I'd contact one of them to see who they might recommend
Elgin pocket watch: This was my great grandfather's (then my grandfather's, and then my father's) pocket watch. Looking up the serial number, it was manufactured in 1924: Serial Number SN Range RunQty Name Year grade size code jewels Adj/reg/etc. -------------- -------- ------ ---- ---- ----- ---- ------ ------ ------------ 2704#### 27025001 22000 1924 303 12s o3n3p 7j It's not running. Does anyone have any recommendations for watch repair in San Francisco for this sort of thing? I realize that this is not a particularly valuable watch, but it has quite a lot of sentimental value to me.

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bhall41
Here are a couple of photos of the Grand Seiko SBGR051,which I own. These are not my pics, sorry. I will try and post some of my own in the New Year, together with pics of some of my other watches. The Seiko is my usual work watch, which I wear with a suit.

Beautiful Seiko.

bhall41

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheWraith
Beautiful Seiko.

Thanks Wraith, I am very happy with the watch. I will try to post a wrist shot in the New Year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics