• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What car do you drive?

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, at first I was all...

saab1.jpeg

...but then I was like...

saab2.jpeg

One clutch master cylinder later I'm back on the road.
facepalm.gif

christinedaae

Reaction score
97 lexus SC400. also have a 94 lexus ES300 that I drive to the gym and crap in.

my god i want to fap to that 68 benz. that is the pimpest thing I've seen in a while.

Dudufrias

Reaction score
Citroën C4 in dark grey.

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by christinedaae
also have a 94 lexus ES300 that I drive to the gym and crap in.

I REALLY hope I just read that wrong.

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got rid of my BMW 328i and Nissan Sentra and bought a Jeep Patriot (this past Wednesday actually):
jeep.jpg
I really loved the BMW, but it was not great in snow, really hated the Nissan because ate money (repairs) like I eat bacon. Not surprisingly I've gotten grief for "downgrading" to a Jeep from a BMW.

ennui

Reaction score
1999 Maxima - for the wife - been fairly reliable, still runs great, typical family sedan
2005 Scion tC - for my daily commute - bad choice as it's not good at fuel economy, cargo capacity, handling, etc.
2005 Lexus LS 430 - for the in-laws - just bought this one CPO, drives like a boat as you'd expect, but my in-laws will love it

Was thinking about dumping the tC for a Cayman S, but I'd rather save/invest the money for now. I might end up just driving it into the ground in accordance with my middle-class values.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
2004 Lexus ES 330 (Millenium Silver with black leather interior and Mark Levinson/Nav sound system. It's been a fantastic car. I just put Kumho Ecsta Platinum tires on it for the first time and like. I have had Michelin MXV4s for a while they don't last much past 22k miles.

blofeld

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
2004 Lexus ES 330 (Millenium Silver with black leather interior and Mark Levinson/Nav sound system. It's been a fantastic car. I just put Kumho Ecsta Platinum tires on it for the first time and like. I have had Michelin MXV4s for a while they don't last much past 22k miles.

just as I suspected, you must be at least 70. I don't think I've ever seen someone under 70 in an ES
fight[1].gif
devil.gif

ennui

Reaction score

What do you think of the Mark Levinson sound system? I have it in the LS and I think it sucks. It's no better than the Blose in my Maxima; IMO it only sounds marginally better because the LS is considerably quieter inside than the Maxima.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blofeld
just as I suspected, you must be at least 70. I don't think I've ever seen someone under 70 in an ES
fight[1].gif
devil.gif

This post makes me sad.
frown.gif

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ennui
What do you think of the Mark Levinson sound system? I have it in the LS and I think it sucks. It's no better than the Blose in my Maxima; IMO it only sounds marginally better because the LS is considerably quieter inside than the Maxima.
I love it. I did have to adjust the sound on the equalizer to get it perfect (I boosted the mids and highs slightly). The new LS system is much nicer. The ES is a pretty quiet car so I can still easily hear the differences in my various CD masterings. The only thing I miss is an iPod connection. I missed that by one year.

ennui

Reaction score
I love it. I did have to adjust the sound on the equalizer to get it perfect (I boosted the mids and highs slightly). The new LS system is much nicer. The ES is a pretty quiet car so I can still easily hear the differences in my various CD masterings. The only thing I miss is an iPod connection. I missed that by one year.

Thanks for the pro tip. I will try that out. I did sit in the back and noticed that music was less flat than in the front seats, though I am definitely not an audiophile so I can't describe it in more detail.

I have a 2005 LS 430, not the newer LS 460. When we bought the car, we negotiated for the dealer to put in an iPod hookup, which works but has a horrible UI. It almost made me want to spring for a 2007 or later LS 460, but in the end I decided that the extra $10k premium wasn't worth it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads