• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

NonServiam

Reaction score
bigstar[1].gif

Klokkebilder542.jpg

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by artoftime
Sorry to debate, Wraith - I do respect your knowledge and taste... but it is far from a dress watch.
(Not that I myself do not regularly mix these elements)

Great post, Art!

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
The answer is somewhere in between but I tend to agree with you. Even if it was originally a sports watch in its environment and period, in the current environment and given how sports watches have evolved, it is now closer to a dress watch than a sports watch. To me, a Ranchero on a calf or gator strap is much closer to a Deville than to a Speedy or Seamaster.

Thank you.

bpanicola

Reaction score
I don't post here much but have been fortunate to gain some good info on clothing here. I post frequently on watch forums. Here is my choice of wear for today. (BTW Giosdad is my user name in the other forums) The 16600 is not wimpy in my eyes.
biggrin.gif
dsc5739.jpg
csc5774.jpg
dsc5751.jpg
dsc5755e.jpg
dsc5756.jpg
Here is is next to Bill Yao's tribute to the Rolex worn by the original Jame's Bond aptly named the Kingston and a Seiko Marinemaster 300.
dsc0114b.jpg

Dexx

Reaction score
Graz on the Kingston. I am envious, such a beauty.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
I didn't realize this thread reached a million views.

Thanks to all the contributors
bigstar[1].gif

This shows the ongoing interest in watches for most guys. Yet, my son, won't wear one.

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Zeno Army Diver on a grey Nato strap.

Archivist

Reaction score
Elgin pocket watch:

This was my great grandfather's (then my grandfather's, and then my father's) pocket watch. Looking up the serial number, it was manufactured in 1924:

Serial Number SN Range RunQty Name Year grade size code jewels Adj/reg/etc.
-------------- -------- ------ ---- ---- ----- ---- ------ ------ ------------
2704#### 27025001 22000 1924 303 12s o3n3p 7j

It's not running. Does anyone have any recommendations for watch repair in San Francisco for this sort of thing? I realize that this is not a particularly valuable watch, but it has quite a lot of sentimental value to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads