• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gitman Brothers Vintage

machochino

Reaction score
Can someone guide me to all gitman vintage shirts made in dress shirt sizing?

Smalls are too small and I've been buying mediums. Then, I got to try a size 15 and the fit is spot on. Now I need to sell all my med oxfords and start getting size 15s. Any chance they make the new overdye oxford in dress shirt sizing? I've also seen some old ocbd in these sizes.

Any info is appreciated.

hobojones

Reaction score
Originally Posted by machochino
Can someone guide me to all gitman vintage shirts made in dress shirt sizing?

Smalls are too small and I've been buying mediums. Then, I got to try a size 15 and the fit is spot on. Now I need to sell all my med oxfords and start getting size 15s. Any chance they make the new overdye oxford in dress shirt sizing? I've also seen some old ocbd in these sizes.

Any info is appreciated.

Some of the shirts on the Gitman Vintage site are listed in the dress shirt sizing. Particularly, if you're looking for OCBD's you can find the dress shirt sized ones under the Step Brothers section. Hope this helps.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kgmessier
When will stockists begin to announce their SS 2011 buys? I've got my eye on the jungle collection.

The jungle collection was dope - I wanted to buy the Cheetah shirt!

But then Opening Ceremony got the exclusive on that.
censored.gif

If you go there for the shirt, then you might be able to pick up some rad OC merchandise too:

where-the-wild-things-are-opening-ceremony-collection-03.jpg

palma

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Interested in picking up a flannel shirt from Gitman. Is the sizing on flannels the same as the rets of their shirts? I am 5'9" and around 170 lbs. I am usually in between sizes S or M for most things. I can fit into M Gant Rugger shirts, but the arms a tad too long. I usually do best with arm length between 25-26. I am thinking I am most likely a Medium, any chance I could fit in S or L. I am looking for this flannel http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=1600 and it is damn near seems sold out everywhere from domestic and Canadian retailers.

Cheers,

husbands

Reaction score
yeah I have that exact flannel in Small and it is pretty small - it shrinks with washing too. I'd get it in at least an M if I were you, good luck finding it

OakCliff

Reaction score
I have several Gitman shirts that were from Saks, and I'm assuming they are the same fit as Gitman vintage. Nevertheless, I just got a Saks Gitman shirt from another SF'er and it fits like an XXL compared to the XL's I have. The size pit-to-pit is about 24", with a 17.5" collar and about a 36" sleeve. I washed it in hot water and dried it in the dryer, but it didn't shrink. I love the soft oxford cloth, but this is huge. The other XL's I have are much slimmer. I'm just curious, is this a large XL or is it supposed to be this big?

photo.JPG

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
regular gitman fits nothing like gitman vintage.

palma

Reaction score
Hi,

Alright as I thought I will do best with a M. Anybody seen this shirt in a M please let me know. Much appreciated!
smile.gif

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by OakCliff
I have several Gitman shirts that were from Saks, and I'm assuming they are the same fit as Gitman vintage. Nevertheless, I just got a Saks Gitman shirt from another SF'er and it fits like an XXL compared to the XL's I have. The size pit-to-pit is about 24", with a 17.5" collar and about a 36" sleeve. I washed it in hot water and dried it in the dryer, but it didn't shrink. I love the soft oxford cloth, but this is huge. The other XL's I have are much slimmer. I'm just curious, is this a large XL or is it supposed to be this big?

photo.JPG

Originally Posted by Fycus
regular gitman fits nothing like gitman vintage.

That's the answer. Besides, trying to shrink a shirt a full size does not work. Either tailor it or accept it's too large.

thelion1856

Reaction score
Hi guys got a sizing question on gitman vintage as i have never dealt with this brand before. Do you guys wear true to size or size up or down on the vintage gitman? I've surfed around to see that the fits of regular gitman are different than the vintage collection. (I got broad "XL like" sholders)

Well basically my question is if i should go with an L in a gitman vintage shirt or XL? the shirt in question is a sholder to sholder size 19 (L) or 20 (XL) and pit to pit 22.5 (L) or 24 (XL)? In typical american clothing brands im a large or medium, in japanese brands (samurai, sugar cane, buzz rickson) im an XL or 44. How do gitman vintage comapare to these. Any imput or advice would be appreciated thanks.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thelion1856
Hi guys got a sizing question on gitman vintage as i have never dealt with this brand before. Do you guys wear true to size or size up or down on the vintage gitman? I've surfed around to see that the fits of regular gitman are different than the vintage collection. (I got broad "XL like" sholders)

Well basically my question is if i should go with an L in a gitman vintage shirt or XL? the shirt in question is a sholder to sholder size 19 (L) or 20 (XL) and pit to pit 22.5 (L) or 24 (XL)? In typical american clothing brands im a large or medium, in japanese brands (samurai, sugar cane, buzz rickson) im an XL or 44. How do gitman vintage comapare to these. Any imput or advice would be appreciated thanks.

Gitman vintage, wear your normal size. no size up or down

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads