• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
BTW, Mr. Moo, that bag is excellent. I still want one for myself but can't bring myself to drop the coin for some reason, I don't really need many bags I guess.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ann d. shawl cardi

ann d. conrad coat

ro grey kangaroo sweater

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel
Let me know if you ever tire of that SS v-neck.

Haha you got it.

Originally Posted by MS007
Great purchases. Where did you get the ervell from? You should post a fit pic soon !

Thanks. Got it from a forum member, but have just sold it to another lucky member.

Originally Posted by Strombollii
Rachel-Comey-Derringer-Classic-Oxford-01.jpg

Great shoe. Have been looking for that or similar brown colorway in my size at sale price for a while.

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Find Finn
the last medium Albam Roll neck of Oipolloi, marked down from 145£ to 105£
smile.gif

344RollNeckRed33.jpg

mr. finn is the king of roll necks.
i hate the current fascination with patch elbows though, wtf. way to de-class a perfectly good sweater

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
navy Club Monaco wool down puffer. giftcard purchase, but still.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by softy
mr. finn is the king of roll necks.
i hate the current fascination with patch elbows though, wtf. way to de-class a perfectly good sweater

Ha ha no not really, this is my second one, as I always hated them
laugh.gif

I like elbow patches on chunky knits, as they help avoid chunky knit grand canyon on your elbows.
plain.gif

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^you got the size 2? what's the p2p on it?

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
late to the party, but some fresh CP lows.

Jet - thank you for the sizing advice. 41 is spot on.

0c47520a.jpg

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I almost drove myself mad trying to size these things without the option of half sizes. I am pretty much a true US 9D - very rarely I will size down to an US 8.5D in a dress shoe. In all Quoddy's a size 9 is perfect. In Vans a size 9 is ideal, as well. Nikes I can alter between a 9 and 9.5. But Nike is the only shoe I have ever worn a 9.5 in.

So I was torn between getting a 42 or 41. My fear was that I would be a 41.5 and the 41's would be too snug while the 42's, too big. But I was pleasantly surprised after ripping off my work shoes in the FedEx parking lot, and throwing these on, to find they fit just about perfect. They're just a touch snug, but kind of in that good way -- where you know they'll stretch just a tiny, tiny bit and be perfect (similar to how I like my Quoddy's). In thinking on it I wouldn't opt for 41.5 even if they did offer half sizes.

The thing to remember, as Jet pointed out, and as I'd read, is to mind the width of your foot. They have a very narrow toe box, and overall width, so if you have some wide ones then you would need to size up 1 or else you just won't be able to cram your foot in the shoe -- even if the length is fine.

But the short n fat of this...

I sized down one full size. For example, I am a US 9 (Euro 42). I sized down to a US 8 (Euro 41) and thank goodness that was the right move. $o g1ad I don't gotta ship these back overseas
nod[1].gif

Ready to start beatin um up.

ennui

Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
BTW, Mr. Moo, that bag is excellent. I still want one for myself but can't bring myself to drop the coin for some reason, I don't really need many bags I guess.

Mr. Moo, glad that somebody here bought it. I was going to keep it despite my wife constantly bitching about how much she hated it (she thinks I should fork the $$ over for an LV in Taiga or Epi), but it was just too big for my height and frame. I looked like even more of a kid when carrying it, so I had to return it. I learned that I have to limit myself to bags 18" in length or less from now on.

The other thing is that with the dimensions of the bag, I wasn't sure if I could carry it on on some airlines, if I ended up filling it up and getting an anal ticket counter person. But it seems to be a good bag for the price you paid (I'm assuming you used the 20% coupon from Yoox).

I ended up buying a Common Projects duffle bag in tan from Acrimony's sale, which is supposed to arrive today. This one is not returnable, so hopefully I will like it.
lookaround.gif

bowvalley2000

Reaction score
Thanks bro.

Originally Posted by slack tide
I almost drove myself mad trying to size these things without the option of half sizes. I am pretty much a true US 9D - very rarely I will size down to an US 8.5D in a dress shoe. In all Quoddy's a size 9 is perfect. In Vans a size 9 is ideal, as well. Nikes I can alter between a 9 and 9.5. But Nike is the only shoe I have ever worn a 9.5 in.

So I was torn between getting a 42 or 41. My fear was that I would be a 41.5 and the 41's would be too snug while the 42's, too big. But I was pleasantly surprised after ripping off my work shoes in the FedEx parking lot, and throwing these on, to find they fit just about perfect. They're just a touch snug, but kind of in that good way -- where you know they'll stretch just a tiny, tiny bit and be perfect (similar to how I like my Quoddy's). In thinking on it I wouldn't opt for 41.5 even if they did offer half sizes.

The thing to remember, as Jet pointed out, and as I'd read, is to mind the width of your foot. They have a very narrow toe box, and overall width, so if you have some wide ones then you would need to size up 1 or else you just won't be able to cram your foot in the shoe -- even if the length is fine.

But the short n fat of this...

I sized down one full size. For example, I am a US 9 (Euro 42). I sized down to a US 8 (Euro 41) and thank goodness that was the right move. $o g1ad I don't gotta ship these back overseas
nod[1].gif

Ready to start beatin um up.

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am a true 9D. I wear 41 in CP lows, desert boots. 42 in mid tops and highs, and patent leathers. They tend to have a narrow toe box.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads