• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mafoofan struggles to buy breast wallet at Hermes . . . arises victorious!

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by juliette2000
Laura Ashley is fugly, but I heard you bought plenty at the sale. Some guys use Penthouse when indulging in a little self-gratification, but who am I to judge if Laura Ashley does the job for you?
Everything Laura Ashley makes reminds me of a cross between an angry grandma and a mental asylum.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randallr
I thought you lived in Cincinnati!?

Used to, a few years ago. Have moved up here since then.
smile.gif

Looks like you're living the life in NYC, eh?

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Can we start a catfight thread in DT and move the girls over there?

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randallr
Wuts goin on?
Nothing much. Banning sockees while keeping on sockers is nothing new for SF. I have no problem with this, but Juliette hasn't entered the Shangri la of internet fora, in that regard.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CDFS
Nothing much. Banning sockees while keeping on sockers is nothing new for SF. I have no problem with this, but Juliette hasn't entered the Shangri la of internet fora, in that regard.
lurk moar n00b. Banning socks and outing puppeteers is de rigeur, although what has been interesting in the past few weeks while I have been on that rampage is: 1. for a board that says 'everyone's a sock, mods should do something' the board has so far generated six sock reports in total...so either everyone is anti-snitch, or just groupthunk themselves into it, but can't actually name one. And: 2. of the six sock reports, all were investigated and by the best means we can test them, five were false. Could it be that there are not as many socks as everyone thinks there are? Or it is possible that the fear of outing has caused people to leave their socks rolled up in the drawer for the time being? Either way: Cool. The mods have done something. Argument muted. One poster has decided to retire a former persona, and while all can see through it, he has adopted a Shinier Happier Persona quite well, and as such, I am letting that one stand....of course if he brings the prior persona out of retirement....I have lots of cool buttons before me that I can use. Anyhow, the request to all members stands...you think it's a sock - let me know. I won't tell anyone it was you.

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Above-mentioned, in no way repudiates my words and by the way I've read your posts on this. Carry on either way. I enjoy the light moderation here.

MrsSparkles

Reaction score
Originally Posted by juliette2000
This makes me laugh.

As a long-time member of tPF, there is no doubt that there is a not insignificant number of women who patronize the Hermes sub-forum who are operating under the delusion that because they can plunk down thousands of dollars for a (fictionally) elusive purse with the Hermes name on it....this makes them special and superior....when all that has happened is that they have been suckered in by a marketing strategy. And - as evidenced by some of the tPFer's posts in the SF thread back on tPF - they get their undies in a bunch at even the slightest hint that they are NOT superior just because they can piss away thousands on a bag. Oh, they will deny it until they are blue in the face and mods often delete or edit posts that don't toe the party line.

I know the OP on the SF thread back at tPF started it as a way to make fun of and put down those who dare to have their own opinions about Hermes....but I personally have found that what it did for me was to introduce me to an intelligent - and highly entertaining - group of men who have a refreshing take on such things as Hermes and other so-called luxury goods.

I think I may hang out here for a bit.....

(and, oh yes, counting down to the flaming from the tPF Hermes devotees....)

This makes me laugh.
So, by your own admission you're a "long-time member of tPF"; what do you carry, a brown paper bag?

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
...and we now return you to our regularly unscheduled cat fight....

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt
One poster has decided to retire a former persona, and while all can see through it, he has adopted a Shinier Happier Persona quite well, and as such, I am letting that one stand....of course if he brings the prior persona out of retirement....I have lots of cool buttons before me that I can use
Haha, I noticed he's less snarky. I guess this this threat to ban represents the effective end of teh vox persona.

Restricter

Reaction score
Goddamn. This thread makes me realize that going to grad school was a colossal waste of money. I could have used that $180k to get breast implants, been somebody's trophy wife and have nothing to do all day but start bitchfests on the Internet about purses and other people's boards.

I'd stick my head in the microwave but I have to go to work now...

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
I wonder how much traffic and registration of new members this particular thread has driven?

Traffic: couple thousand new users viewing the forum
New registrations: probably a handful

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt
lurk moar n00b.

Banning socks and outing puppeteers is de rigeur, although what has been interesting in the past few weeks while I have been on that rampage is:

1. for a board that says 'everyone's a sock, mods should do something' the board has so far generated six sock reports in total...so either everyone is anti-snitch, or just groupthunk themselves into it, but can't actually name one.

And:

2. of the six sock reports, all were investigated and by the best means we can test them, five were false.

Could it be that there are not as many socks as everyone thinks there are?

Or it is possible that the fear of outing has caused people to leave their socks rolled up in the drawer for the time being?

Either way: Cool. The mods have done something. Argument muted.

One poster has decided to retire a former persona, and while all can see through it, he has adopted a Shinier Happier Persona quite well, and as such, I am letting that one stand....of course if he brings the prior persona out of retirement....I have lots of cool buttons before me that I can use.

Anyhow, the request to all members stands...you think it's a sock - let me know. I won't tell anyone it was you.

I'm all for a public face of moderator effectiveness, even if it's false.

Good job.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads